Hate That I Love You

Chapter 1

Lissa

We’ve been talking for hours? Aren’t you sick of me yet? My computer screen flashed with the message.

I laughed to myself and started my reply. Why, are you trying to get rid of me?

I know it’s a little superficial but I imagined someone laughing. A charming boy throwing his head back in laughter, his golden hair shining in the light and his bright and vibrant green eyes twinkling at the thought of me.

More words popped up on my screen. Never, you’re just the only one I know that will talk to me for more than ten minutes a day.

I frowned and read over the message another time. Well technically we don’t really know each other.

I feel like I know you more than I’ve even known anyone though. I smiled at his words realising just how much I felt the same way.

Another message box popped up and I clicked into it.

It was my boyfriend, Aaron. I grinned at the thought of him. His profile picture was one of the two of us holding hands on the beach. We were so perfect together.

My computer started playing a little jingle. He was inviting me to do webcam. I grabbed the brush from my bedside table and quickly combed through my hair then dabbed on a little bit of extra lip gloss before clicking into it and giggled at the pose Aaron was pulling off on the camera screen.

He didn’t have a shirt on so his perfect abs showed off perfectly. Hanging very low around his hips was a red pair of checked pyjama pants. His hair was still wet which made it a shaggy black colour. His blue eyes looked dreamy and he was pursing his lips cutely. His hands were behind his head and his face showed his usual five o clock shadow that he’d shave in the morning.

I giggled again and he sat down in the chair grinning at me.

“When’s your next shoot? I wanna be there.” I told him trying not to sound clingy.

He shrugged and flicked his hair spotting the camera with wet droplets. “Soon I think I’ll have to check though.”

Aaron was a male model for a lot of sport catalogues. It started out just one thing for his football team but he enjoyed it more than he thought so now he does a lot of work for a lot of different magazines and adverts. All his friends gave him grief about it at the start but now I think they’re all secretly jealous.

 I heard another beeping noise and realised that I’d totally forgotten about my other conversation.

“Shit,” I mumbled.

Aaron frowned. “Are you okay babe?”

I nodded and nibbled at my lip. “I was, um, talking to someone else.” I told him. “Hang on I’ll get rid of him.”

“Him huh?” Aaron teased. “Is there anything you want to tell me?”

I laughed again and switched conversations.

I didn’t know his name but I imagined him as some kind of Romeo. I’d asked from time to time but he’d never told me, so I’d never mentioned mine. Once I came up with the idea of fake names and he’d agreed. He knew me as Shae and I knew him as Noah. Everything worked out perfectly fine.

Have you forgotten about me or have you fallen asleep? He had typed.

I shook my head trying to rid myself of my smile. I was nearly there then I heard my computer warn me that you were still chatting. I teased straight back adding a smiley face. I think I better log off now though. I am getting pretty tired.