Chapter 3

I stare blankly at the pebble. I can feel my eyes are swollen  and my nose is clogged forcing me to breath frozen air with my mouth. I´m back to sitting at the bench blowing warm air into my trembling hands. My fingers are  turing into light shade of wisteria and a pearly violet,  I can also feel them die one bye one leaving me with numb hands. I should get up and leave this park and go back home but, I just sit still, I don´t know why, maybe I do have a faith in him, plus the voice inside my head is telling me to stay. So I just try to relax, and close my eyes, there´s nothing to do but wait and hope for the best.

Someone gives my shoulder a gentle shake. By that simple stroke I know who it is. It was Zachary. I look up at him feeling my lips curl into a tiny smile. He was the only person I trusted all my secrets with, the only person I had trusted with anything. Apparently  I fell into a deep slumber in a fetal position with my face in the bench and a foot sticking out, I must´ve look a bit ridiculous to him because he had a grin plastered in his face. We ogled each other for a what seemed like minutes.

"Hey. " I say in a neutral voice as he helps me sit up.

" What are you doing here?" He began. " You do realize it´s almost two in the morning, right?" He asked taking a sit beside me.

" Yeah, I guess I was aware of that." I replied looking around.

 " So . . . What are you doing here?"

What was I doing here? Shit. My eyes widen as I remember I had a bag of drugs with me, how could I´v slept with drugs on me? I took off my jacket trying to find the small brown bag. I slid it off my shoulder a bit too rapidly catching Zach´s attention. He cocked an eyebrow when the the bag rolled down my jacket. I guess his reflections were way better than mine because instead of the bag landing on my hand it landed on his. He took a moment to examine it and looked back at me astonished.

" What the hell is this?" He took the bag up to his nose and stared at me in disbelief.Before he could say anything I snatched the bag out of his hand and held it close to my chest. We only stared at each other not knowing what to say. What could we say?

"Zach I-"