Chapter 1

I throw my bag in the back room of the diner and quickly put my hair in a bun.

"Alessandra! I need you out here, we're packed!" Alice yells from behind the counter.

"I'm coming!" I yell back.

I quickly throw on my blue and white apron and walk to the counter. "Damn," I mutter to myself. In the last four months I've worked here I've never seen it this packed. I grab my notepad and a pen from my apron pocket and walk to a table filled with a family of four. "Hello! What would you guys like today?" I put a big smile on my face as I ask. The father, I assume, ordered for everyone and I quickly wrote it down. "Alright, coming right up," I say with a smile and walk to the kitchen. I quickly rip the order out of my notepad and hang it up in front of the cooks. I continue taking orders until there are only a few tables filled with people.

"Hey Sandra, did ya miss me" I smile as I recognize the voice as Chuck's.

Chuck is a regular at the Diner. He's about 60 years old but he comes down here everyday and orders the same thing; a burger with everything on it, fries and a diet coke. "Yes Chuck, I missed you very much" I say sarcastically as I turn around and put my elbows on the counter and my chin in my hands. A smile instantly appears on his face making his eyes crinkle. He pulls a chair out and sits at the counter with a grin. I laugh at his childlike expressions. "The usual?" I ask.

"Yes please" he grins

I smile and tell the cooks Chucks order. I scan the diner and only see one table left with two young girls seated in it. "I'll be back Chuck" He nods as I pull my notebook out of my pocket for what feels like the thousandth time tonight.

"Hi girls, what can I get ya?" I smile kindly at them.

"Could I have a Coke and the house cheeseburger?" The girl with blonde hair asks.

"Of course! And you?" I look at the brunette.

"I'll have the same" she says.

"Alright coming right up," I walk behind the counter give the order to the cooks.

"What's up with you Sandra?" Chuck asks.

"Nothing. Nothing at all" I say with a quiet laugh.

I hear a ding and turn around to grab Chucks food. "Here ya go" I slide the plate on the counter towards Chuck. Chuck grins and rubs his hands together in excitement. The bell on the door rings signaling someone came in. I look up and see two men dressed in black suits with jet black hair. They both sit down in a booth. I walk over with a smile on my face, ready to take there order. One of the men has his head in the menu while the other guy seems to already know what he wants. "Hi, what can I get you two?" I ask.

"I'll get a burger with everything on it and a Bud light," the man with green eyes says with a soft smile. I nod as I write it down. "How about you?" I ask the man with the menu in front of his face. He sets the menu on the table and looks up at me. His eyes were dark, almost black. They looked so cold and angry compared to the other mans bright green eyes. He had chiseled features, while the other man had softer, kinder features.

"I'll also have a burger with everything on it but with a Sprite instead" he said with a bored tone.

"Coming right up" I say with a final smile.

"Thank you" the man with green eyes locks eyes with me and says with another soft smile.

I walk back behind the counter, towards the cooks and give them the order. The young girls food is ready now, I grab it and head to their table. I set down the cheeseburgers and cokes in front of them, "There ya go girls, enjoy."

"Thank you" they say in unison.
I smile and head back to Chuck.

"Who are those men?" Chuck asks motioning to the men in suits.

"I don't know, I've never seen them here before," I shrug.

"Oh, well be careful" he says to me with a grim expression.

"Oh don't worry about me, you know I don't take any bullshit," I say with a laugh.

"No, I don't mean like that" he says in a more serious tone. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "Then what do you mean?"

"I mean they look dangerous" he says warily.

I slap his shoulder playfully, "Don't worry Chuck." He sighs, not sounding too convinced.

*Ding*

I turn around and grab the men's order.

"Be careful" Chuck says as I walk past him.

"Here ya go," I put the burger and beer in front of the green eyed man and the burger and sprite in front of the dark eyed man. The man with green eyes looks up at me and says thank you, while the other man just starts eating totally ignoring me. "You're welcome" I say to the green eyed man.

"What's your name, Bellissima?" He says with a shy smile.

"Alessandra" I blush at his choice of words. "Yours?"

"Matt" he says.

"Oh for god sakes just leave" the dark eyed man says, clearly frustrated.

I put my hand on my hip. "Excuse me?" I say giving him a chance to take back what he said.

"You heard what I said, now leave and let me enjoy my meal." He raises his voice slightly getting the attention of Chuck.

"Pezzo di merda" I mutter to myself. But from the way the dark eyed man is looking at me I could tell he heard me.

"What did you just call me?" He says calmly, trying to keep his temper controlled.

"You heard me," I raise my tone. The man all of a sudden stands up and towers over me.

"Don't ever call me a piece of shit." He says as he glares into my hazel eyes.

"What are you gonna do about it?" I lean in as I say it, giving him a smirk which seems to make him angrier.

"You don't know what I'm capable of" he says.

"Try me" I narrow my eyes at him.