9.

I opened the door to my house. My mom was sitting on the couch in the family room. When she saw me she picked up her purse and headed out the car.

"I'll be waiting for you in the car," she said as she headed out the door. I was feeling a little hungry and I took a green apple from the bowl. I ran to my room, dropped my bag, and ran out of the house to my mother's car. I knew better than to keep her waiting for a long period of time. I opened the car door and she started backing up. I didn't even close the door yet.

"Mother, really?" I asked when I closed the car door.

"I don't want to be late," she shrugged and kept her eyes on the road.

"Waiting a second wouldn't have hurt you mother," I replied.

"Eliza, shut up. I don't want to hear you whine all the way there,"

  The rest of the car ride was silent. When we pulled up to the wedding dress store we both hopped out. In front of the store was Sara, my mom's Maid of Honor and sister, Gabby, my future stepsister, and Lola, my grandmother.

"It's good to see you E," my aunt greeted me. She pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

"It's good to see you to Aunt S," I smiled, turning to my mom I asked,"Where is the rest of the wedding party?"

"I cut them down. It was just too many people. There still invited to the wedding, but an hour would've passed before I actually made it to the altar," she explained. I nodded my head and sighed. My mom is so...horrible. I don't understand why she would ask them to be in her wedding party if she was going to cut them out anyway. Her logic is flawed.

  She scoffed at me for some reason and went into the store. My aunt smiled sadly at me and headed into the store after Gabby. The escorted us into a fitting space and they picked out some dresses for her. Patiently waiting, they started conversing but excluded me from the conversation. Getting annoyed with their conversation I checked my phone seeing there was one unread message.

Kai: Hello beautiful. Wyd?

Me: beautiful? really? 

Kai: Yes beautiful. What are you doing?

Me: wedding dress shopping

Kai: why?

Me: my mom is getting married

Kai: fun?

Me: no not fun

Kai: why is you sad?

Me: is you?

Kai: yes.

Me: Kai, your grammar is killing me?

Kai: Please, tell me why yous sad.

Me: I just feel irrelevant here. 

Kai: You're not irrelevant

Me: Sure. Okay. Whatever

"Eliza put away your phone you're being rude," my mom scolded me. Rolling my eyes I turned off my phone, but not before I told Kai I had to go.

  The rest of the time there was a waste. My mother hated every single dress in the whole entire store. My mom being the annoying person she is complained the whole ride home. She believes her wedding is ruined. When we got home I saw George, my mother's fiance and his other daughter Grace. She was my age but we never talked. She wasn't popular, but she (in my opinion) is stuck up.

  I walked into the kitchen to find my brothers in the kitchen making dinner. My brothers and I are actually really good cooks. We learned how to cook from our father. That reminded me, he should be here any minute. He got remarried to this beautiful Puerto Rican woman named Sonia. My mom hates her for some reason, but she is nice to me and I can always confide in her.

"Eliza, Noel, Nolan," I heard a voice boom.

"Dad!" I ran out the kitchen to hug him. He wrapped his hands around me and picked me up, twirling me around. I giggled as he laughed in my ear. I see my dad often but I just miss him so much.

"Sweetheart, why are you so happy? I saw you last week," he teased as he put me down.

"It was a week too long," I complained. My brothers then came out from the kitchen and bro-hugged my dad. I rolled my eyes knowing that my brothers was happy to see him.

   My father is a 6'3" dark brown African American guy. His hair is saved but he keeps his long beard. He works out a lot, actually, he's a fitness trainer. He had a black button down dress shirt on with some khaki pants. Behind him was Sonia. She had red dress on which reached her knees and some black heels on. 

"Hello beautiful," she said. We hugged and we talked a little in the living room.

  My mom came to the living room. Her hair was in a bun and she had a silver dress on that reached the floor, so I couldn't see her shoes.

"Marcus, Sofia," she said.

"It's Sonia," my dad replied. My mom huffed and went into the kitchen.

"Time to eat," she yelled. It's going to be a horrible dinner.