Work as Usual?

A OneShot from........ Nikuman-Dango! Yep. (≈ ¬_¬)≈

--

Saturdays, the one day I could go all out and still be forgotten the very next day. The night people use to forget their problems and dance. Move their bodies in any way they choose. Pairs, threesomes, singles, groups, it didn't matter, this was the one time you could let go. That is what a Saturday is here at club Konoha Hurricane. I am Naruto Uzumaki, but people know me as DJ NineTails. I am the one you turn to when you're so drunk you can't tell up from down and all you want to do is dance. I lay down the music, and I watch as you enjoy it. For those few hours, I feel worth something. Even though I was forced to work here, as well as forced to lean how to be a DJ. It doesn't matter anymore. As long as I get my paycheck and that small amount of appreciation, I can survive. I have nothing better to do on a Saturday... "Naruto, are you ready?"

I looked up to see Shizune, the manager, and shook my head.

"Almost, I just have to get dressed." I replied, setting my backpack down on the floor in the corner and pealing my shirt and jacket off my body. My tan skin looked extremely pale in the dim light behind the stage as I removed my school pants and shoved them into my bag before pulling my stage clothes from the rack next to my head. The orange trousers were smooth and tight as I pulled them over my legs, resting just above my hips in a sexy fashion. I buttoned and zipped them before pulling on my mesh shirt, the short sleeves hugging comfortably to my arms before pulling on the thick orange and blue jacket with a wide, white, fuzzy-looking collar and leaving it open for effect. The before-stage jitters are barely there as I slink quietly on stage. Here, with the lights and people all on you, all nerves are on high. Usually, but today is different.

"Are you ready?" I ask through the microphone, my voice low and, I hope, sultry. From the reaction, I acomplished my goal, as people began to scream and cheer. A chant beginning in the crowed;

"NineTails! NineTails! NineTails! NineTails!"

A smile rose on my lips.

"Then lets get started!"

The lazer show that had been put in just today was amazing. The way they flashed and pulsed along with the music shaking the entire building was rather interesting, but what I liked the most was the fact I could see the people who were dancing. Most were people I didn't know, but some were. I saw the pink-haired girl from my class, Sakura, my friend and her crush, Sasuke, Sasuke's secret crush and my other friend, Sai. Only one other caught my attention. The way the lights clung to him and his clothing, the way he danced, it was amazing. I found myself lost in the movements of his body, the way his hips were moving rivaled, no dominated, that of all the women dancing near him. It almost looked like belly dancing, and I was suddenly very glad to have the automatic shuffle on my playlists as I watched. The teens hips swished slowly from side to side, then round in a circle, then his entire body sunk to the floor as he gently turned around and looked up. Up towards me, who was now frozen in place. Whoever this person was, he was beautiful. He had short red hair that framed his face in the perfect way, sea green eyes that were outlined by black of what looked like insomnia, and lips that were... well, kissable. I couldn't help but notice as he stopped dancing to asses me silently. I sent him a smile I hope didn't look goofy, but he didn't seem to notice as he just tilted his head to the side, looking rather innocent before a blonde woman grabbed him from behind. I felt my body stiffen. Was that his girlfriend? I watched as he removed her from his body and pushed her away and into a different man, who had a strange hat and face paint. At least it didn't look like he had a girlfriend... I motioned to Shizune, who was off to the side watching me. She nodded, signaling she was listening.

"Shizune-san, could you please, please help me?" I asked, making sure to be polite. She smiled slightly, confused, before nodding.

"Of course Naruto, what do you need?"