Surviving the Retched Day!

Chapter Two: "Surviving the Retched Day!"

After I fell on top of the guy, I realized it was that Carter guy from a few minutes ago, and not only that…but…I realized that, when I fell on him, our lips touched.

He just laid there completely stunned, while I on the other hand, blushed redder than a cherry red tomato, and got off of him very quickly, scrambling like crazy to get myself back onto my feet.

"I-I-I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going, and I-I-I…GRR! I'm so sorry!" I said frantically; as I watched him, very calmly, get himself back on his feet.

He looked at me with a cold expression spread across his face, and then, completely ignores me as he goes to sit down. I just stared at him in awe as he did. Not because he was, by far, the cutest guy I had seen since I got here, and I almost just shared a kiss with him, but, it was because he just completely ignored me after that, as if nothing just happened! What a jerk!

Martin walked passed me, and went to take his seat, chuckling the whole way.

"Um, miss Brenner I presume?" I heard someone say. I then turned to see a middle-aged woman; I was assuming was Mrs. Paxton.

"Y-yeah?" I stuttered.

"Yes, if you're done introducing yourself to that young man, I suggest you come up here so I can introduce you to the rest of the class."

Immediately, almost the entire class broke out into laughter. I looked down in embarrassment, as I walked to the front of the class.

"Silence!" The teacher shouted, and just like that, the room was suddenly quiet. Damn, talk about obedience.

"Alright everyone, this is our new student, Valarie Brenner. Be nice to her." Mrs. Paxton said, looking back at me. "You can go take the seat right over there." She said, pointing to the seat, that just so happened to be right next to Carter's seat.

Great, just fantastic. I thought to myself, as I waked over to my seat, and sat down.

About half way through class, I averted my attention away from Mrs. Paxton, which wasn't all too hard, seeing as what she was telling us was stuff I already knew, and therefore, did nothing but bore me, and I focused on Carter more. Cheeks crimson red, I finally got up the courage to try apologizing to him again.

"Um, again, I apologize for what happened." I whispered to him. He ignored me again, and, by the looks of it, on purpose this time.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. What was with this guy? "Um, excuse me? Didn't you hear me just n-" I whispered to him again, but, before I could finish my sentence, he finally snapped, and turned his head to look at me.

"Alright girl, in case you didn't catch on, I don't care! Now, believe it or not, there are some people who like to go to class so they can learn something. So, would you please leave me alone?" He said in a hushed tone, and then, went back to listening to the teacher, and for the rest of the class, acted as if I didn't even exist.

Once class was finally over, I noticed Carter get out of his seat and walk out of the room a lot quicker than the rest of us. I glared at him the whole time.

Alright, that guy has some serious issues. I wonder why he's so damned coldhearted? I thought to myself, getting up and walking out of class again.

Once again though, I did what I've been doing, pretty much since I first got here, and bumped into someone again!

"Dammit! Would you people just watch where you'r- Oh, h-hey." I stuttered, looking up at the person, and noticing it was Cameron again.