Friend Or Foe??

Hey! So this is a new story I just started I quite like the story line and stuff so please give it a go and tell me what you think!! Opinons are appreciated :)

Megan P.O.V

As the taxi pulled into the drive I was surprised by how much I actually liked the house. It wasn’t like the other ones where the money was so obvious, this was tasteful and elegant. Big glass walls rounded each side of the building and a lovely antique looking wooden door stood proudly at the front. In the doorway was a graceful woman with a tiny baby in her arms. She was smiling happily and looked very relaxed, behind her came a strong handsome man that was tall with mid length hair and blue eyes he looked very typical but kind so hopefully there would be no problems with this new stepdad.

“Hey Mum, how are you?” I walked over and gave her a side hug avoiding the little person in her arms as carefully as possible.

“I’m good darling and this is little Isabelle, say hello Izzy.” She fussed over the baby who had began to cry in wailing tones mean while the man came forward to introduce himself.

“Hello I’m Phil, you must be Megan it’s very nice to meet you.” He leant forward to kiss me on the cheek but I quickly stuck out my hand and grasped it in his giving him a very prominent handshake.

“Hello Phil Glad to make your acquaintance, this is a lovely home you have.” He seemed a bit taken back at first but masked it over quickly with a tight smile.

“Well it’s your home to now please make yourself comfortable, and where is Summer?” He glanced around as if she might pop up behind a bush somewhere.

“She is probably still hiding inside the taxi” Just at that moment I heard a voice come up behind me.

“Now why would I be hiding from our lovely new father Megs?” I spun around and sure enough there she was my twin that looks nothing like me. With legs stretching a mile shown off to perfecting by the tight black skinny jeans that were on them, Dark flowing hair matched with eyes like a sky on a sunny day. She was every bit the badass she acted like.

“Oh umm hello Summer,” Phil Stammered a common response to a first meeting with my sister “I hope you will like it here.”

“I won’t.” Summer stated staring him straight in the eye.

“Summer! How dare you talk to your stepfather like that.” Mum exploded.

“Wow Mum haven’t changed I see, still believing you have any control over us even though the last time we saw you we were being deposited at a boarding school in California and that was what 2 years ago?” Summer merely breezed past the two of them and went into the house.

“Don’t worry I’ll deal with her Mum.” I tried to give her a reassuring smile but felt it was a bit off as I raced after Summer as per usual. I found her in one of the rooms with a nice view of the garden.

“Do you have to always be like that?” I asked sitting on the bed beside her

“Yes. She abandoned us Megs, why are you so forgiving?” She looked at me her deep blue eyes searching mine “Or have you forgotten all those nights waiting for her when we were just kids?”

“No I haven’t forgotten I just think that were older now and besides we turn eighteen in 6 months and we can do whatever we like. 6 months Sum that’s not a long time to play nice.” I gave her one last pleading look and patted her on the shoulder.

“Go away, I’m gonna get unpacked and scout out the neighbourhood.” Sighing I left her to it there was no use trying to reason with her, she was the most stubborn I knew. Just at that moment my phone rang out with the song A team by Ed Sheeran, I didn’t recognise the number but it was a local one so I picked up