Kingdom's Fall on Kindle, and sequel news

Kingdom's Fall is now available in a complete and updated edition on Kindle.

2015 was a very exciting year for me. While recovering from a kidney transplant, I wasn't writing much. I was working, but otherwise feeling pretty down about how nothing creative was happening. To give myself something to do, I released Kingdom's Fall on Wattpad. In all honesty, I fully expected it to vanish without a trace.

But with some help from people who were happy to shout about the fact that Kingdom's Fall existed, it did not disappear. You all found it, and joined Aiden, Kara, Cuan and Gray on their journey to end a demon queen. I was overjoyed at the response. It still amazes me to look at how many people have read it, and how far it has travelled.

When I finished the updates in July last year, I took some time off to work on other projects, and to consider what happens next.

Firstly: I will not be taking Kingdom's Fall down from Wattpad. The current version will stay as you find it, free for everyone to read.

The Complete Edition comprises all of the chapters of Kingdom's Fall. There have been a few changes to tighten up the writing, make some corrections (I can't promise I haven't missed something but I've done my best), add a slightly longer ending, and overall sort the formatting to suit ebook release.

If you've read Kingdom's Fall and want to do me a solid, it'd be awesome if you could leave a review on Amazon - the US link is attached to this update (follow the "Buy on Amazon" tag at the bottom of the page) but if you want to pick the most local site then I have added these to my profile. If you can, thank you so much.

If you want to buy it, then thank you. Like I say, I will not be taking it down here so if you still want to enjoy the story you can do so here for free for as long as Wattpad exists.

But what next for Wattpad readers?

For 2016, I will be posting some short stories as appendices to this volume, to cover what happens to the main characters after the events of Kingdom's Fall, introduce some new players to the stage and basically get everything ready for the sequel.

That's right.

Coming 2017: Empire's End

The adventure continues with revolution, betrayal, and even more monsters. Kara, Cuan and Aiden will all confront demons both without and within as they come face to face with the end of the Carelian empire.