Anywhere but here

CHAPTER ONE

Monday, June 12, 2017

Dear Diary,

It's been a month since momma died, things have been rough for me and dad, he's always in this mood and even the slightest nag, will make him snap. I don't know what has gotten into him. He's a whole different person since momma died, school hasn't been very easy for me either, every time I walk down the halls everybody stops everything they are doing and gives me a dirty look. Just like they always whisper about me when i walk past! It's like they all think I'm some sort of alien from a different planet since momma died. Sometimes i feel like your the only one that listens. Anyways, it's almost time for school and dads yelling at me to come eat breakfast, talk to you later.

I ran down stairs and ate the usual everyday breakfast, bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, and a glass of orange juice. Nothing special. Dad yelled "I'm leaving for work don't miss the bus" I replied "okay I won't, bye dad, I love you" he harshly said "yeah okay bye". Most of the time, I don't even think my own dad likes me, if you think this is suppose to be one of those "because he loves me" things, it's not, I know for a fact he doesn't love me. By the time I had finished breakfast I realized my phone time was set back half an hour. I missed my bus! What will dad say... Most importantly, what will he do?! To me! I live twenty minutes away from the school by car, and I could never walk! How am I going to get there?! Everybody at school hates me so I can't get a drive from anyone... So... I guess I do have to walk...

I left home with the knowing of being late and the thought of being abused by my dad when I arrive home. I can't let him find out! I should leave now before it's way to late. I ran most of the way but I became very dissy and I was forced to stop. I sat in the green grass of all the apartments about 7 blocks down for five minutes to catch my breath. Being on the track and field team really paid off. I walked the rest of the way to school, I had missed first period, the school will call dad for sure now. I'm finished, I moped into the school, while everyone stared at me, and whispered like usual. But today was different, today I just wanted to break down into tears and run away. Then out of the blue one of the guys on the football team yelled "look it's the goth girl!" They all giggled at the stupid pun he made, maybe it was because i was wearing a black T-shirt? I wish I had someone... Anyone...

There go's the bell, everyone scatters into their class rooms, leaving me alone in the middle of the hallway when I feel a tear run down my left cheek. I should probably get to class, don't want even more trouble at home with dad. As I enter the classroom everyone goes quiet, nothing has changed. Mrs.Chamber walks in the room telling us to take our seats and open to chapter 12 in our math books, "do questions 1-12 independently, it's all for homework so use your time wisely" she said with anger in her voice. The same kid that called me goth whispered to the math geek sitting beside him, "what's the answer to question 1b?" "I SAID INDEPENDENTLY!" Screeched Mrs. Chamber. He went silent for the rest of class, and so did everyone else because I was there. I hate my life. I hate it.

The day ended and I got on the bus to go home, I sat alone like every other day, looking out my window, today wasn't a very nice day, it was dark and rainy, the water rolled down the window just like the tears that rolled down my face. I arrived home fearing the school had called my dad. I walked inside, my dad was sitting at the table reading the paper like usual. He put down the paper and glared at me, "the school called" he said with anger in his voice. oh no... I'm dead! "Oh..." I said afraid of what was next. He stood up, walked over to me and yelled "WHY WEREN'T YOU AT SCHOOL ON TIME TODAY?!" "I missed the bus, it was an acciden-" he cut me off by striking me across the face with his hand, "go to your room, no supper for you tonight, maybe you'll learn from that" he said with anger again. "Okay" I agreed, "I'm sorry..." He didn't care that I apologized, it seems as though he wants me to suffer, not like I already haven't.