Chapter Seven

Michael had a lot of flaws; he's forgetful, he annoys people -especially Daniel- he does this and that, but one thing he cursed himself for the most was his inability to think clearly before talking. His parents had always reminded him to watch his words. They taught him to be polite and well-mannered, but it was a flaw, after all. No matter how much he contained it, it was bound to slip out at times. One time, when he was fifteen, he had a fight with his mother over something petty he doesn't even remember now. And being the person that he is, he'd said something hurtful to her, leaving her in tears.

Later that night, his father had come to his room, advising him not to say everything as he pleased; since it would get him in trouble someday.

Michael had never thought much about it. Old people were all like that; they get emotional over the smallest things.

It wasn't until today -standing in front of Shei, who looked more than ready to kill him, under the moonlight shadowing the night- that he realized it.

He was utterly fucked.

"Look," Michael started, "I don't get you. You said you loved me, you went and did everything for my sake, but now you want to hurt me? How is that qualified as love?"

Shei didn't reply, but her eyes narrowed, and as Michael stared deeply into those brown orbs, he noticed something; her eyes were turning red. Deep red; the color of blood and wrath. He bit his tongue. Slowly taking a few steps back, he looked around, searching for something -anything- that could be used to - to what exactly?

To fight her?

If Michael wasn't in a life or death situation, he would have laughed. Fight off a vengeful spirit? He didn't stand a chance; the only way to win was to be strong emotionally and mentally. He couldn't lose to her.

He prayed that someone would come save him.

"I believe..." He heard Shei's voice in his head, as she started moving towards him, "I've given you so much more than love, dear. And as my reward, I'll take the most valuable possession you own; your soul."

Michael's breathing halted, his heartbeat quickening as he stepped backwards in fear. He took a deep breath, and said, "I - I don't want to go with you, OK? I'm sorry, but I... I like living. I love my current life."

"But darling, a life in the after world would be so much better. We can be together forever; no one will stop us from having our happy ending. That's what you always wanted. You trust me, don't you?"

Michael gulped, "Of course, I trust you. But I don't want a life like that. I was given a second chance to make up for my mistakes; so I've got to live it to my fullest. So, please, just this one time... Let me go."

Shei's eyes narrowed dangerously. The seconds that ticked by felt like hours. Then, she finally answered, "No."

The one-word reply left goosebumps all over Michael's body, and before he knew it, he was lifted up from the ground; his body gripped tightly by an invisible force. He felt pain spread from his chest as he was squeezed; the pain spreading through his torso and causing his breathing to nearly stop. He felt something choking his neck; putting pressure on his pulse as he struggled to fight it off. Much like Namjoon did earlier.

As the pressure on his pulse point intensifies, he opened up his mouth, working to get fresh oxygen into his system. His vision turned black around the edges and his head was swimming in pain at the lack of oxygen. He was breathless, tired, and he knew he wouldn't make it.

Just give up, he thought, you're going to die. Give up already.

The last thing he heard before he gave in to the darkness was the screams of his best friend, and an unknown voice yelling in a foreign language.