Vanessa's Regret

This story is dedicated to the One and Only God, without His help I couldn't even come up with idea for this story and I know it God's amzing!

Disclaimer: I do not own Phineas and Ferb, or Vanessa. Thanks and God bless. Hope you enjoy this story.

It was early in the morning, when Vanessa Doofenshmirtz sat up in her bed. She had been able to get much sleep the previous night, for something was bothering her. And, she had no idea what it was. Sighing, Vanessa got up out of her bed, and walked to her bookshelf. Just then, something caught her eye. It was the little Mary Mcguffin doll that her dad, who had searched for it for years, got her. The doll had blond yarn hair, with three braids of yarn on each side of her head; big black eyes, two red dots on each side of her line like smile, an adorable green dress, with matching green shoes, and white socks. A small smile was brought to Vanessa face as she thought about how long her dad searched for this doll to show his affection for her. But, just then a memory, that has haunted her since that day, came to her mind.

Vanessa and a girl with red hair, a girl whom she would later know as Candace Flynn, Ferb Fletcher's older sister, was fighting over the Mary Mcguffin doll at one of the Charitable Charities stores.

"I'm sorry, but this is my doll." The girl, Candace, had said.

"No, it ended up here by mistake and it's my doll." Vanessa told Candace.

"You might think it's your doll, but it's not. I'm going to have to ask you to please let go."

"You please let go."

The girls kept fighting over the doll, each trying to pull it out of the other's hands, until it flew in the air and landed into a cute little girl's arms.

"Look," the girl exclaimed to her dad, and then hugged the doll to her face. "She's perfect and I just love her."

Candace's shoulders slumped in surrender. "Oh forget it," She moaned, "I guess I'm too old for dolls anyway."

"Yeah," Vanessa said. "Maybe I don't really have to have the one object my dad spent years to find in order to show his affection. No, actually I do." With that Vanessa walked up to the girl, and yanked the doll right out of her hands! "Give me that kid." She exclaimed and left hugging the doll.

And, she had felt bad for what she had done. If only, there was some way, somehow she could make it up to that little girl. After all, Vanessa knew deep down, that she had no right just taking it from the little girl, even if it was something her dad got her to show affection. She could have, offered the sweetie money or even something better, or just let the girl have the doll. Sighing, Vanessa got dressed, and went into the kitchen to get some cereal. Charlene, who was fixing herself a cup of coffee, turned and watched her daughter pour cereal into a bowl, with a sad look on her face. This was different than, the look she normally had.

"Honey, you okay?" Charlene asked her daughter in concern.

"Huh," Vanessa looked up at her mom, "Oh, I'm fine mom. Just got something on my mind."

"It doesn't have anything to do with your father being 'evil' does it?" Charlene asked using air quotes for the word 'evil'.

Vanessa slightly smiled; she knew her mom didn't believe her about her dad, Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, though he's not a real doctor, being evil. But she also knew her mom was trying to cheer her up by making a joke about it.

"No, mom, it has nothing to do with Dad being evil." Vanessa answered. "I'll tell you later, okay?"

Charlene nodded, and Vanessa got up, cleaned up her breakfast, and gave her mom a kiss. Then she got her dark purple backpack, and exited out the door towards her blue Mazda Miata that her dad finally got her. She unclipped her purple key chain off of her backpack, and took her car key, and placed it into the key hole. Then she opened the sparkling blue door, and got into the car. She started the car and headed towards school.

Later that day, between classes, Vanessa was leaning against her locker, when Candace, who happened to have the locker next to her, came up to her.

"Hey, you okay?" Candace had asked the brown haired teen.

She and Candace had become friends and would talk every now and then. They found out they had at least one thing in common; they both wanted to bust someone they loved that was doing something they shouldn't do. Though, to Vanessa it seemed that her brother's schemes were innocent. Then again, she knew Candace probably didn't fully understand her wanting to bust her dad.

Vanessa sighed, "Well, you remember the Mary Mcguffin doll?"

"The one we fought over?" Candace asked.

Vanessa nodded. "Yeah, the one I took from that little girl at the charitable charities."

Candace looked at her with a slight frown; she could tell Vanessa was feeling bad about what she did.

"Oh, Sally."

"Sally?"

"Yeah," Candace nodded, "The little girl from Charitable Charities. One time, this summer, I promised I would read to the kids at the library, the same day I was going to Jeremy's family reunion picnic. And I used shoes Phineas and Ferb had made to make you go fast."

Vanessa smiled at the mention of Candace's green haired, British brother. Then she gave Candace a look that said 'the point?'

Candace laughed, "Oh right. Well, anyways, Sally was there at the library. And since then, I told them I would come and read to the kids, when I can, they do it every Saturday. I'm sure it'd be okay if you went."

Vanessa smiled, "That'd be great, and I can give back the doll."

Candace tilted her head, "Didn't you say your dad spent years to find it."

Vanessa nodded, "Yeah, but you know it's the right thing to do."

"You're right; it is the right thing to do." Candace smiled at her friend.

Vanessa smiled back. "So, how bout we ride to the library together? I can give you a ride."

Candace nodded, "Sure, sounds great".

Just then the bell to class rang. The two girls looked up, towards the intercom that the sound came from.

"Well, got to get to class. I'll get the directions to your house, at lunch. Kay?"

Candace nodded, "Kay."

Vanessa gave her friend a quick wave, and hurried off to class.

Hope you all liked it! Review, if you want. You don't have too Btw, Well, thank you all and God bless