Loving the Different Sides of Me

Prologue:

"I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Payne, to inform you that your son Liam is bipolar. "

2 Months later...

"Liam, please come set the table for dinner!" mom yelled.

"Why do I have to do anything for you! You have never done anything for me! All you have done is make me a monster!" the words come flying from my mouth without me even knowing I said them.

The next thing I knew was that I had a knife in my hand and dishes were broken around me. I see the flash of blue and red police lights through the blinds.

"Liam! Put the knife down! Now!" I turn to see my father dressed in his uniform, his gun pointed at me.

I hear sobbing coming from my right. My mother crouching on the floor next to the table.

"Liam. Please put the knife down. Please." my mother begs.

"I'm sorry," I say putting the knife down," I'm so sorry, please forgive me!"

My father puts cuffs around my wrists and takes me to his squad car.

2 Years later...

"Liam are you ready to go home today?" Annie my doctor asks.

"I guess. I really do hate this place. So yeah",I say.

"Well you have been staying here with us for awhile", she says," But today Bakersfield Sanitarium is losing one of its best patients. We'll miss you." she gives me a hug goodbye.

"I'll miss you too."

"And Liam." She starts.

"Yes Annie?"

"Don't let the kids at school get to you. Okay?"

"I won't" I reply.

"If you ever need anything just give me a call. Good luck" she says.