Hearts and Stars

Training went as normal. Neji and Tenten did their own thing, as usual. Gai would shout inhuman reps of an exercise for him to do while Lee would follow.
It was near the end practice and the onyx haired duo were still at it. Neji and Tenten had finished and were just watching disbelief. Lee and Gai were racing. They were doing laps around the training ground, balancing on their hands when Lee slipped, causing him to collide into Gai, making them both smack a tree. The brunettes couldn't help but laugh at their goofy teammates.

"Those two are about as graceful as Naruto when he's attempting to flirt." The usually serious Hyuga joked. Tenten let out a giggle and looked at him. He chuckled at his own sarcastic comment and turned his face to hers. The bunned brunette's smile slowly faded as their eyes met, making the first real eye contact that seemed far too familiar.

Staring into his pearl-white eyes, Tenten felt her face grew warm with embarrassment as clips of last night's dream replayed on her mind.
Neji on the other hand, was hardly reacting. Just blankly staring back. On the inside, however, his heart felt as though it were about to beat out of his chest as memories of the dream causes his lips to tingle once again.

Meanwhile, Gai sensei was shouting at the two brunettes, trying to get their attention to aid in removing an unconscious Lee from on top of him.

Tenten, feeling slightly awkward, breaks the gaze and clings her scrolls to her chest, "Uh, see ya tomorrow!"
She briskly starts to shuffle away.
"Tenten," Neji calls out to her.
She stops, pivoting her body to face him "Hm?"
He lowered his voice slightly, "Let's meet here again tonight. The sky is supposed to be clear again." His stern face showing a bit of softness. This made Tenten's heart flutter. She nodded and gave him a close-eyed smile and a thumbs up, "You got it!" She then turned forward once again, waving her free arm, and continued her walk home.

Neji watches her for bit, lost in thought. Partially thinking of the dream, partially thinking of why he felt so anxious all of the sudden?
"Uh, Neji??"
The Hyuga is brought back to reality and remembers Gai trapped under Lee.
He sighs. "Oh, right." And makes his way to his youthful teammates.
-
*Time skip to that night*
-
After working up the nerve, Tenten makes way back to the training grounds. Endless thoughts of Neji and the kiss from her dream waltzed across her mind as she followed the path taking her to their own personal observatory.
It's getting darker the closer she reaches, and she can hardly see where she's going.
"Tenten! Can you hear me?"
A sense of relief washes over her as she follows his voice.
"You beat me!" The kunoichi jokes.
She could feel his smirk paint across his face.
"You're awfully slack tonight," he jokes. This earns him a punch in the arm.
Even though she can't see, her aim is still precise
He chuckles to himself.
"So, do you know where the log is?" Tenten asks, "I'm having trouble seeing.."
The Hyuga pauses for a second.
"I thought maybe we would lie down to gaze, tonight. It's easier to see, and a lot better on the back." He explains, putting a hand on her shoulder to lead her.
The dream.
Tenten tenses at his touch and lets him guide her wherever they were going, which was only a few steps to the left.
"Here,"
He removed his hands and moves beside her, laying in his back. She unknowingly follows suit, staring up at the sky.
"Wow..."
Wow was right. The sky was the clearest it had ever been. They could practically see the galaxy's that lit up the sky in hues of purple and red. There were also some blues in there.
"Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?"
Tenten's bright brown eyes wide with astonishment, the same look she sorta when she receives a new weapon.
Neji looks over to her and pauses, forgetting her question for a moment. His heart beat quickens and he smiles to himself.
Yes. Yes I have.