Chapter 12: Jared

I stood on the city block corner, across the street from Alice's high-prep private school. I didn't want to talk to her, I couldn't now, I was still sick over last nights events. What if she hated me now, for kissing her? No, I didn't want to talk to he quiet yet, but I did want to see her. Just to see her face once today, would make me feel better.

No one thought it too strange that I was just standing on the side walk starring at the school, a bunch of other people where doing it to. Since the leak of that video last night the whole thing has gotten even bigger. As I drove past Alice's house this morning their were tons of people on foot in her front yard screaming her name and holding up posters.

It was even worse here at her school. The streets were lined with screaming people, probably hundreds. I could barely hear myself think, but then the screaming got even louder as a red convertable pulled up outside the school and parked. The driver put the hood down and rolled up all the windows. I looked through the crowd and saw her face looking out of the car and straight at me.

I smiled and she smiled too, but then everyone started running and her face was lost in the blur of people. I looked around to see the commotion. The police had arrived and were creating a cover for Alice as she ducked out of her car and ran to the front doors of her school.