Umbrellas

"Let him that would move the world first move himself." 

     -Socrates 

Entry #5

Dear Sawyer,

    It went something like this: there was cloud hanging over my head and I did something about it.

   The cloud was a leftover from the storm. It was kind of like a gift, a very cruel gift. Like any kind of form a weather, it should never last long because it would eventually go away, or at least move onto another area. Bad weather and it's aftermath usually lasts for a few days. So I accepted that cloud hanging over me.

   At first it didn't bother me because it wasn't really doing anything but make things seem a bit darker. I was just getting used to my new grayer perspective when my cloud started to rain down on me. That happened on the third day after the storm. Eventually it got to the point where my cloud got bigger and started affecting the people around me. Nobody really wanted to deal with staying in the rain with me in the first place.

   Therefore, people didn't want to be around me except for a "I-don''t-give-a-shit-because-I'm-a-fucking-being-that-inhales-people's-emotions" friend. He didn't do much. He only stood by me and gave me some money. He told me that if the cloud didn't go away, then I should do something about it. I'm not sure about you but I know for a fact that the internet isn't that helpful on giving advice for getting rid of clouds. 

   Since I couldn't exactly grab the cloud and throw it away, I did the next best thing: I bought an umbrella with the money I was given. It felt way much better than being pelted my the rain. 

   I have a confession. I became umbrella obsessed after that. I ended buying multiple of them and I bought a rain poncho for extra protection. It got to the point where you couldn't see me anymore. All you saw was this giant ball of opened umbrellas. 

   I'll take them down once the sun comes up. 

   I'll doubt that will happen anytime soon because I could feel the real storm coming up again. This time I'll be better prepared because I have my umbrellas protecting me. I'll even bust out th ine bigger ones to keep me safe. 

From, 

Umbrella Girl, Judith 'Not-so-much-like-a' Sunbeam

Author's Note: 

Short story post! I just felt like writing again since I had some time, but I didn't feel like writing a whole entire journal entry so I came up with this instead. I hope y'all like it. Judith did say that this is something close to a diary and it's more than just entires that describes her daily life. 

Let's analyze this closely. Why would she put this in Sawyer? This is how Judith is feeling at the moment and you kind of understand what is going through her mind. You already that Storm is refering to her ex-boyfriend. The cloud kind of represents the break up period of her life. Since she has to interact with ex, it probably brought make some memories for her.  

Yeah, I'll go with that. 

Comment. Vote. Ask Questions. Fan. Tell people to read this. 

Dedicated to @VirtuallyAwesome because her comments just make me smile and laugh (: