CHAPTER #27

Chuck said, "the rules of this trip are 1) whatever happens on this trip, doesn't get talked about once we are back home, 2) be honest and ask for whatever you want and most important 3) have fun."

Nate added, "are you guys ready for the best sumer of your life?"

Jenny replied enthusiastically, "hell ya!"

She accepted a martini from the stewardess and downed it in one gulp. Chuck raised an eyebrow.  Jenny shrugged.  "What? Flying still makes me nervous!"

Nate smiled and said, "do a few shots of whisky and chew some gum."

Jenny did as they said and was totally distracted as the plane rose through the air. She was relaxing with each new drink. If she didn't know better she'd think that Chuck was trying to get her drunk. She watched Nate and Chuck play chess, but soon lost interest. Her attention shifted to Nate's shoulders and strong arms.

Chuck nudged Nate and nodded over at Jenny. He'd noticed her checking out his friend and the look of desire in her eyes. "I'm going up front to talk to the stewardess," Chuck said casually, exiting the main cabin.

"Jenny come sit here," Nate patted the seat beside him.

She went over, but sat down in his lap. She almost fell, being a bit tipsy from the shots. Her arms flung around his neck to balance herself. "Sorry," Jenny giggled. She started to say more, but Nate kissed her lips and the words were forgotten. 

Nate knew Chuck had left on purpose to give them privacy. They french kissed and Jenny began to unbutton his shirt. She wanted to join the mile high club with Nate.

Chuck peeked around the curtain that separated the cabin from the stewardess area. He saw Jenny and Nate in full throws of passion. He watched a while longer, feeling desire rush through him. Then he stepped back and let the curtain fall into place. A satisfied smile crossed his face.

GOSSIP GIRL NARRATOR: Chuck Bass playing matchmaker, is anyone else wondering if hell froze over?

Twenty minutes later Chuck made noise as he came back into the main cabin. Nate was just re-buttoning his shirt and Jenny was fixing her hair. Chuck couldn't resist, "now you're an official member of the mile high club Jenny," he grinned, enjoying making her blush.

Neither Jenny nor Nate responded to his comment, but Nate winked at Chuck. Jenny accepted a cocktail from the stewardess, but just sipped it slowly. Then she looked Chuck in the eyes and asked, "so what's fun to do in Ireland?"

Chuck replied, "well, we could check out the pubs in Dublin or the limestone plateau The Burren or the cliffs of Moher."

Nate said, "that's a good plan. When is the Volvo Ocean Race reaching Lisbon port?"

"June 6. So we have three days in Ireland."

Jenny knew Nate loved sailing, but she wasn't sure if the Volvo race was speed boats or sail boats. "Nate, the Ocean race is sailboats right?"

"Yup. When I was younger I almost joined a team with dad. My dad once was in the navy and for fun we sailed a lot. But a business deal caused us to have to decline the spot on the team." Nate had an odd look on his face as he recalled the past.

Jenny shared a look with Chuck, missed by Nate. Then she said, "where does the race start and end?"

Nate answered, "it started in Alicante-Spain and ends in july at Galway-Ireland."

"It goes through ten different country ports. This year I think it is Alicante, Capetown, Abu Dhabi, Sanya, Avokland, Itajai, Maiami, Lisbon, Lorient and Galway," Chuck contributed.

Jenny's eyes widened, "that's practically around the world! That must take months!"

Nate said, "ten months to be exact."

"It must be exhilarating to see the yachts come racing into port," Jenny commented.

Chuck got a thoughtful look on his face, "maybe we'll go out on a sailboat to watch them come into port and spend our nights on it."

Jenny looked at Nate who was liking the idea too, "um guys, I've never been on a real sailboat. And I don't think amusement rides count."

"Don't worry, when you're in port it's not too rough on the water, you'll be fine." To Chuck Nate added, "we should definitely look into that. I'll call dad's navy friend who usually sails that coast, when we land."

"Sure, that sounds good. I'm sure you can't wait to get out on the ocean and sail. Don't worry Jenny, Nate's a pro. Me I prefer to lounge around and let others do all the hard work," Chuck drawled.

They decided to watch a movie to pass the time. Nate was on the couch and had Jenny leaning against his chest and sitting between his legs. He hugged her from behind with affection, she tilted back her head for a quick kiss. She snuggled into his arms. Jenny was up for anything as long as she was with Nate. During the movie her breathing changed and Nate knew she'd fallen asleep. He like it that she felt safe and relaxed in his arms.