Chapter 1. The day I lived.

Okay, Okay! I was already alive, but I felt like it was my first day here on this earth, I had some many different emotions that day but one person just changed my day to the worst.

IT WENT LIKE THIS;

I stretched my muscles and checked for bruises from last night occurrence, Stan and my mother had beaten me up brutally because I made a sarcastic remark about Stan's face. I wasn't' in a particular good mood so I walked in and said to Stan "Nice Face."

It was a joke but my mum took it too far and hit me repeatedly until I passed out, flashes of the memory clouded my head but I pushed them away, struggling to control the tears, No I will not cry for her I thought she doesn't deserve even that.

I breathed in and stood up in my small room, checking for cuts. My whole body throbbed and my legs were covered in dark circles of all different colors. I grunted and silently walked over to my mirror, my left cheek was a tad swollen but nobody should notice because... I am never noticed.

I sat at the small desk and put my head in my hands and thought nobody should have to go through this; just nobody. I shuddered and soon heard tiny footsteps coming towards my door. My door crashed open and Naila ran into my arms. I hugged her tightly and she grinned widely, but her happy expression turned to worried, scared and ashamed. 'Are wou otay?' she whispered her eyes bulging. We have been over this conversation many times and for a 2 year old she is very smart. I nodded and hugged her tightly.

She pulled a loose stand of my jet black hair and rubbed my cheek with her chubby fingers, she stared me down with her gorgeous light green eyes and said 'Don't worry, vwery swoon we will be hwappy'.

'What do you mean bub? We are happy,' I said giving her a weak smile. Her looked turned serious and she poked my chest 'We are nwot hwappy Adena!' she half yelled and half whispered.

'Shh, don’t wake mummy and Stan up, Hun' I told her, pushing a finger to her lips and rising my head up. Their snores were loud and gruff, which meant they were still asleep.

'I want Stwan gwone' she stated crossing her arms, Stubborn Naila, I thought and put a cheeky grin on. She looked at me and pushed a finger to my lips repeating my words 'Don't wake up mwum and stwan Hun'. I grinned at her and set her on the floor.

'Have you had some breakfast yet?' I said pulling her yellow nightie down past her knees, she shook her head and I yawned. 'Let’s get you some breakfast then,' I told her before standing up and pulling on my robe.

I got my thick glasses and took her hand in mine. We tiptoed out of my room and toward the kitchen. Our house is not very big, just a 3 bedrooms a kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Her feet padded gently into the kitchen and she pulled herself up on to the bar stool.

'Want some Nutella on toast?' I asked grabbing the bread from the pantry, she nodded and said ' Yum'

I grinned and got the Nutella jar from the pantry and grabbed a butter knife. I pushed two pieces of bread inside the toaster and got the milk from the fridge. I filled it half way then put a straw into it.

I pushed the drink toward Naila. She took a huge sip while I got the toast out and put in on a plate. I got a heap of Nutella on the knife and spread it unevenly on the two pieces of toast then sat next to her.

We ate in silence until Mum and Stan came down stairs holding hands, I glared at them but quickly looked away before they noticed, Mum was grinning cheerfully and beamed a smile at us.

'Good morning girls,' she said giving us both a kiss on the cheek. She scooped Naila up and spun her around the room and Stan sat next to me, I edged away from his perverted grin and wandering eyes. 'I won’t be home till late tonight, so can you cook your own food,' Mum said, placing Naila on her hip. I smiled weakly and said, 'Sure mom'. She smiled sweetly at me and walked around to the kitchen.