(Introduction/Short Story -I.)

Forgotten Dreams of Eternity: Lost Odyssey: Thousand Years of Dreams

---Introduction---

A science fiction novel with 33 short stories foretelling the forgotten dreams of Kaim, A immortal who has lived over more than a thousand years. This novel is based on the hit video game Lost Odyssey. Short Story -XV, Short Story -XXI, and Short Story -XXXI are also about immortal's like Kaim. You'll experience their lives as while of their past experiences which are good and bad.

Written in Japanese in 2007 and now its remastered in English. All 33 Short Stories were written by Kiyoshi Shigematsu.

These are the short stories you'll see in this novel. Hanna's Departure, A Hero's Return, White Flower, In the Mind of a Captive, A Mother Comes Home, Little Liar, The Upstreamers, They Live in Shells, The Talkative Mercenary, Don't Forget Me Now, You Here?, Letters from a Weakling, Evening Bell, Portraitist of the Dead, Elegy Island, Seth's Dream Part 1, The Hero, The Bread of Grandma Coto, So Long, Friend, The Tragedy of the Butcher General, The Story of Old Man Greo, Seth's Dream Part 2, Bright Rain, The Ranking of Lives, The Village Closest to Heaven, Stones of Heaven, Signpost, Beyond the Wall, A Chorus of Cicadas, Return of the Native, Lottery of Life, The Queen's Loneliness, Samii the Storyteller, and An Old Soldier's Legacy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Short Story -I.)

*Hanna's Departure*

The family members have tears in their eyes when they welcome Kaim back to the inn from his long journey.

"Thank you so much for coming."

He understands the situation immediately.

The time for departure is drawing near.

Too soon, too soon.

But still, he knows, this day would have come sometime, and not in the distant future.

"I might never see you again," she said to him with a sad smile when he left on this journey, her smiling face almost transparent in its whiteness, so fragile-and therefore indescribably beautiful -as she lay in bed.

"May I see Hanna now?" he asks.

The innkeeper gives him a tiny nod and says, "I don't think she'll know who you are, though."

"She hasn't opened her eyes since last night," he warns Kaim. You can tell from the slight movement of her chest that she is clinging to a frail thread of life, but it could snap at any moment.

"It's such a shame. I know you made a special point to come here for her..."

Another tear glides down the wife's cheek.

"Never mind, it's fine." Kaim says.

He has been present at innumerable deaths, and his experience has taught him much.

Death takes away the power of speech first of all. Then the ability to see.

What remains alive to the very end, however, is the power to hear. Even though the person has lost consciousness, it is by no means unusual for the voices of the family to bring forth smiles or tears.

Kaim puts his arm around the woman's shoulder and says, "I have lots of travel stories to tell her. I've been looking forward to this my whole time on the road."

Instead of smiling, the woman releases another large tear and nods to Kaim, "And Hanna was so looking forward to hear your stories."

Her sobs almost drown out her words.