You're What?!

A:N- Thanks Tor! Tor has made my two covers. Love you Tor!!! <3 xoxox

I stepped out back to find James standing at the grill making burgers and hot dogs, Teressa was sitting on a lawn chair beside Gran. I took a seat next to Teressa. 

" Hey Gran," I smiled and leaned over to give her a kiss and hug. "Sorry it took me so long, just had a run in with an old boyfriend." Teressa sat forward with a concerned look on her face. She mouthed ' Drew' and I nod. She stands and pulls me with her through the house. We reached my car and stood in front of it. She pulled out a cigarette and handed me one. She lit hers and gave me the lighter to light mine. 

" He was in town? Did you talk to him? Are you okay?" She rhymed off question after question. I just waited until she stopped to take a puff of her smoke.

" He did talk to me, but these two guys I met this morning scared him away." I said waiting for response while also puffing on my smoke slowly.

"Who?"

" This white guy with a fro, DJ, and his native friend, Marq. They seem sweet enough. I mean Marq scared Drew so bad it looked like he was about to piss his pants." I laughed. " And DJ well he seemed really nice. I accidentally ran into him this morning. " 

"I know DJ's sister, Elaine. She's the one with the little boy down the hall from us. Marq's always with him." She remembered. 

We finished our smokes and went back to through the house, James handed us both our plates and we sat down. We spent the night playing with Issac and Emma, talking to Gran, and watching TV. 

Teressa and I drove home around 11 p.m. Getting to the house we set everything down and went to bed. I fell into a dreamless sleep after I pulled the blankets around me.

The next few weeks had gone by in a blur, we went out to Jane's for dinner with Gran once a week. James had moved in with Teressa and I. I had seen DJ and Marq a few times in the hall with Elaine. I haven't seen Drew after the incident. 

I woke up in my bed, listening to Teressa getting sick in the bathroom. I jumped up and ran to help her. 

" You alright Tee?" I asked holding her hair back for her, while James went and got her a glass of water. She shook her head and got sick again. James held out the water for Teressa. 

"I think I caught the flu," Teressa said after vomiting in the toilet once more. I handed her a wet cloth and she wiped her face. I held her arm while standing up, turned on the cold water and began to count back to last month. 

" Tee, I don't think it's the flu...." I looked at her. She just stared at me. Thinking back to her last period.

"Oh my god, no, that's impossible. I'm on the pill. I can't be." She looked down to the sink.

"I'll be right back, " I said walking out the door to my room. I walked to my drawer and grabbed a pregnancy test, I had bought a bunch after I left Drew. I walked to the bathroom and handed it to her. "Let's see if I'm right." I said closing the door. After a few minutes she opened the door and handed me the capped test in a toilet paper. I smiled and hugged her. " It's gonna be fine. Don't worry we can get a bigger place and figure it all out." I smiled and looked back down at the test. I'm going to be an aunt. It's exciting. We showed James the test and he just stared, falling onto the couch, running his hand through his hair.

"Well, this is pretty exciting isn't it?" James smiled looking at Teressa, tears running down her face. " I would understand if you didn't want to keep it, you know that right? No matter what you decide I'll still support you." He pulled her away, bending his knees so he is at eye level with Teressa. She nods and turns to her bedroom. James follows her and closes the door. I toss the test in the garbage and wash my hands. Walking back to my room I can hear James and Teressa talking. I smile and sit on my bed, taking out my laptop, wait for it to load, and start looking for places to live. Teressa would never take another life, especially a child. The pages load up and I start looking for three bedrooms and two baths. Not too fancy, but something with a yard and a safe neighbourhood. Teressa walks into my room with James.