My Hellboy Chapter 3

Chapter 3: From Bella Regazza to Angel

I sat in my room for god knows how long, simply.....mindfucked. The angel with the black wings was actually a demon who just came back to life and was sitting in my room? Staring at me?

Oh, and he belonged to me. He was mine. My angel boy... No... My... hellboy.

"Are you okay, amore?"

"Okay first, stop calling me that, second, this is a lot to take in so just... give me a minute."

"Yes, yes... I understand, bella ragazza."

"Will you please stop calling me weird words! Mr... What's your name again?"

"Erick. Erick Salvatore, and they are not weird words, they are italian words. For instance, bella ragazza means beautiful girl."

"Oh... Well... Um... Thank you, but that doesn't change the fact that you are an intruder in my home who claims to be a demon, and my momma never mentioned it, but I'm pretty sure I can't have demons over for dinner."

"But I just saved your life, you at least owe me the courtesy of letting me stay in your home for a few days while I sort things out."

"Letting you stay here?! For a few days?! You, sir, are out of your mind. Or maybe it's me who's out of her mind. The latter makes more sence... yep, I'm out of my mind and probably hallucinating. I must have hit my head real hard."

His laugh was cold and yet a sexy sound to my human ears. "But you could see me before you hit your head, bella, through the looking glass. That broken heart you bought, I have the other half." He gestured at the pendant hanging in his neck.

"Maybe I was hallucinating before I hit my head and I need to be checked into a mental institution."

He laughed again, "You weren't. I promise."

"So what did you mean before, when you said you'd been watching me since I was a little girl?"

"I meant I had been watching you, like an angel watches over his human, except I am not an angel, I am a--"

"Demon, I got it the first time."

He glared at me for a second and then his eyes softened, similing at me, "I knew you were different. You are like me, a fallen one, except you chose this, I did not."

"Wait a second... Come again?"

"You, Hannah Spencer, are the human encarnation of an angel. You chose to be human, you chose to fall, but you still have that magical essence within you that makes you who you are. A fallen angel." The weight of his words kept me from realizing he had just said my name for the first time.

"Is that like a demon?"

"No... just fallen. Except you didn't fall, you jumped."

"So I chose to be this way."

"Yes."

"I don't believe you. Why on earth would an angel want to be a regular human?"

"Beats me, you must have wanted to live again. Once you die you will ascend and become an angel again, on the other hand I will not."

"What did you do to get kicked out off the order of angels?" I asked.

"I'd rather keep that to myself." And the look in his eyes had me wanting him to do exactly that, but it also caused a strange feeling in me, and I wound up saying something I would't have said to anyone else.

"You can stay in the basement as long as my parents NEVER, EVER notice you... got it?"

"Got it."

And that it how I wound up having a demon in my basement.