Down Hill

I walked down the alley trying to get to my apartment as fast as I could. The city wasn't safe in the middle of the night for a girl my age to be walking alone. I reached into my purse making sure I got my keys ready as I walked into my apartment building. I unlocked the door and stepped inside to see my best friend sitting on the couch waiting for me.

" Oh, finally. Why were you out so late? I was getting worried." Teressa said while jumping up to hug me. " I though I was going to have to call James over here to find you." James was our best friend, probably the only person we both trust. He's a great guy, he lives with his sister and her two children. 

Teressa was a small petite girl, blond hair going half way down her back, green eyes that seem to brighten up anyways day, and no taller then 5'4, where as there was me, Kaile Aarons. My waist the same size as Teressa's but bigger in the chest , 5'7, with my bright blue eyes. and my rich chocolate colour reaching just below my waist.

We grew up together. My Dad had left us just before I was one, and her mom passing away while giving birth. Our parents met just after I turned five, well I should say we turned five. Our birthdays being only 2 days apart. We lived in a huge house, many floors. Plenty of rooms. Maids, cooks. Everything we wanted we got. That is up until their 12th anniversary. We turned seventeen just four months prior.

Teressa and I were in bed before they had left. They had a driver take them to our small family resturant. Everything had gone good until they locked up the doors. Someone pulled a gun on them before they could make it to where the car was parked. John , Teressa's dad, had offered to pay the man, give him anything he wanted, but the man with the gun refused. He shot my mother first, then John. They had caught the man trying to sell Mother's jewelry to a local pawn shop. He was arrested on the spot, he had been wanted for multiple drug charges, murder, breaking and entering as well as robbing a convience store. Teressa took it the hardest, she wouldn't speak for a year and half. Since we were 17 we inherited everything. Teressa had requested selling the home we had lived in with our parents. We had someone run all the family business, it ranged from shipping companies to diners. We had the money, but chose to move into a small two bedroom apartment downtown. Our bank accounts were loaded, but we didn't use any money unless necessary. Occasionally we would go all out and buy ourselves new wardrobes. 

"I was just walking from the gym, needed to clear my mind, I actually didn't notice the time." I said looking at my wrist watch. 12:24 a.m. " Well, still up for the club?' Walking into my small bedroom taking out my favorite outfit. The shorts aren't long, coming higher in the front to show a small part of the pockets, sitting low enough on my hips. The shirt I chose was a tank top, low neck showing just enough clevage, coming down to just above my belly button. I brushed my hair out, letting it fall into the perfect brown ringlets, put some black eyeliner on and out to find a nice pair of shoes. 

"Tee? Where are my stilettos?" I yelled out, Teressa has a habit of taking the shoes she likes into her room and forgetting about them.

"Here, I borrowed them last weekend." She handed me my shoes, I looked at her outfit. She had a small jean skirt that came mid thigh. Her shirt was barely a shirt, it was a small tee cut off just below her breasts, with a white tank under the red top. Her green eyes stood out with the deep purple eyeliner, and light purple eyeshadow. " You ready? James should be here shortly. His sister is coming too, Gran took the kids for the night." I nodded with a smile as the doorbell rang. 

James and his sister Jane were twins. James' skin had a light tan from playing in the yard with his niece and nephew. His long shaggy brown hair falling into his brown eyes, dressed in a pair of baggy jeans hanging down just enough to show some boxer and a plain white tee showing off his muscles. James stood at least 6'2 and with Jane next to him he looked like a giant. Jane's only 5'3, in the heels she wore tonight she stood about my height, her hair was long, always up. Her eyes were the same as James' but a big more defined because of the light brown eyeliner she wears. Jane's dress came to her knees. She's always been one to cover as much as possible, but with a chest like hers its hard finding something to cover it. The dress showed most of her cleavage through the v-neck, but the black dress on her skin made it look flawless. 

" You girls ready?" James asked after looking us over. " Ddon't forget to lock the windows, you know how some people are." Jane rolled her eyes.

"Okay James, fuck. I think they understand how to lock up their home. Can we just go already before I change my mind and walk back to Gran's?" She walked out the door. 

Gran's James and Jane's grandma, she raised Jane and James after their mother got sent to jail for abusing Jane when she was young. She's a nice lady, she tries to convince Jane to get out more and let her babysit, but Jane refuses to be like her mother. This is the first time she has come out with us since her daughter was born. She's a mother before anything, and I give her props for that. I would never be able to handle giving everything up and raising two children on my own. Jane's son, Issac is almost four now, her daughter Emma, is eight months old. There father had stayed in the picture until Jane announced her second pregnancy to him. Now, he's walking around town bragging about HIS children. 

I walked out, with James behind me. He always did this when we wanted to both leave the apartment. It didn't take us long to get to the club. We never stood in line since, well Teressa and I owned majority clubs and strip joints in the city. It wasn't too difficult. We always had others run them for us, just until we had finished school. 

I walked up to the bar getting everbody's drinks. Bringing the drinks back to the table we had chosen, I was stopped by none other then Mr. Deadbeat himself. James stood from his seat and made his way towards up, while Jane and Tee went to tell the securit gaurds to watch me. I tried to step around Ty, but he copied my every step.

" What do you want Ty, can't you see I'm busy?" I rolled my eyes and handed the tray with the drinks to James. 

" Just having some fun, come dance with me." He demanded grabbing my elbow trying to lead me. I pulled myself out of his grip. His face going red in anger, he looked down at me with dangerous eyes. 

" I am not dancing with you." I tried to take a step back as he stepped forward, but it was too crowded. "Leave me alone, walk the other way unless you want me to go find Jesse."  Jesse was my ex-boyfriend. He was also a street fighter. Not many people know why we had broken up, we stayed friends because well, what would you do if you found out the guy you were dating discovered he had feelings for men? Yeah, I know most people would be mad at them but, I just couldn't find it in myself to be mad. It's not like we had anything intimate. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder, "did you not hear her Tyler? She doesn't want you touching her. " Jesse stepped forward, Ty just shook his head and walked away. I turned to Jesse and thanked him. He just laughed, shook his head and  gave me a hug. At times like this I remember why I couldn't hate him for dumping me. He was always so sweet, he was a straight up gentleman. No matter what the situation. 

 The actors/ actresses are just how I picture them, if you can think of anyone better please let me know :) Thanks