Part 27

This time Harry actually tidied his house before Zayn arrives, having forgotten about it last time. He explicitly told him he didn't mind, but Harry still felt embarrassed because compared to Zayn's neat little trailer, it was a complete pigsty. Not that it was dirty, just full of clutter. But now everything is in its place, and Harry has to admit it makes him feel better. He should have followed Niall's advice earlier and cleaned up his home as well, not just his desk.

He's just putting back his cleaning supplies when the doorbell rings. It's Zayn, and Harry pushes the button to let him inside the building. He uses the time it takes to get upstairs to make himself a bit more presentable, mulling over which scent he should put on when his own doorbell rings this time. Maybe it would have been a bit over the top, anyway, he thinks.

''Hey there.'' Zayn says, engulfing him in a brief hug when he opens the door. Harry lets him in and he makes a noise of approval as he looks around. ''See you tidied up. Not for me, I hope?''

''A bit,'' Harry admits, closing the door behind him. ''But it was needed.'' He points Zayn over to the couch and hovers behind him a bit. ''Want anything to drink?''

''No, maybe later.''

''Alright.'' Harry sits next to him somewhat stiffly, filled with nerves and unsure of how to start the topic.

''You wanted to talk,'' Zayn states, appearing somewhat guarded. ''Is everything okay?''

''Yeah, everything is cool.'' Harry wrings his hands a bit and takes a deep breath. ''Just need some clarity.''

''On what?''

''Us.'' He thinks about it for a moment, what he really wants to know. ''Your intentions. What you think this is.''

''I think.'' Zayn takes Harry's hand, holds onto it tightly. ''What we have is special and I don't intend to let that go to waste. There is nobody else like you. Like us.'' He places his other hand on Harry's cheek, tracing his thumb along his bottom lip. ''Everything about you is amazing and I couldn't imagine leaving.''

''Then don't,'' Harry whispers, and lunges forward to kiss Zayn. They fall backwards onto the couch, caught in a breathless kiss and just looking for something to hold onto. It's not the most comfortable position, but Harry's learned that comfort is not something you'll always find. Sometimes you simply have to go for it, and he goes for it with Zayn. For Zayn. He doesn't understand what makes him so willing to give everything or do anything for him. And what surprises him most is that he knows he'll get the same in return.

What did he do to deserve this? Why is it now that he receives what seems like the greatest gift in the universe?

''Harry,'' Zayn whispers from under him, pressing the softest of kisses along his jawline. ''Promise me something.''

''Anything.''

''Don't leave.'' Zayn's looking up at him, and in his eyes Harry can see all the words unspoken and all the things there are no words for. He's afraid because he's never felt this way, because he knows barely any time passed and there is no logical explanation for any of this. It's his little miracle. Maybe it's about time something good came his way. Maybe his life doesn't have to be all bad.

''I won't.'' He kisses Zayn once on his nose and twice on his mouth. ''I'll never leave.''

''I'll hold you to that.'' He wraps his arms around Harry and pulls him to his chest, placing his chin on top of his head. ''I'm taking you on a date. This Friday.''

''Mm?'' Harry nuzzles into Zayn's chest and closes his eyes, thinking he could take a nap like this. ''What is it?''

''I found us a target.''

Harry lifts his head and scoffs. ''That's hardly a date, is it?''

Zayn smiles, twirling one of Harry's curls around his finger. ''It could end like one.''

''How exactly?''

''That remains to be seen.''

Harry pouts at him. ''You're no fun.'' He's shaken by Zayn's chuckle and lets his head rest on his chest again because his neck is starting to get sore. ''I mean it.''

''I know, babe.''

He's glad his face is hidden from Zayn's sight, because he's sure he's blushing. His face feels incredibly warm, which may also just be because Zayn is warm, but he suspects it's not. He always feels warm around him, though. And that's definitely not from blushing. It's a comfortable warmth, something he can feel in every part of him.

It's happiness.

So.. the next chapter is going to be fun ;). It will be up on Monday!

All the love xxx <3