Past Friends, Present Enemies

Mark Vault and Jack Cross were once best friends, even closer than brothers. They would always hang out and have fun together during the secondary school days. But that didn't last long. Mark has his path strayed, by getting addicted to weed and cocaine. Before he even knows it, he joined an illegal gang that peddles drugs for money. As for Jack, he continued his studies successfully and managed to graduate from his High School and enter a prestigious college. He was later offered the chance to study at Cambridge University in England due to his perseverance in his studies, but he turned it down because he has actually aspired to become a cop and maintain the peace in the world by serving justice to those who wishes to disrupt it. In the end, he indeed became not just a police officer, but a senior inspector, after both his colleagues and bosses witnessed his passion for justice during a raid operation. Ten years have flown by since the separation of Mark and Jack. Both of them now 25, Jack have been trying to keep in touch with Mark, but to no avail. He doesn't even have the slightest clue where he is or what he is doing. Jack, now married with a 3 year old child, told his wife, Elizabeth, about the story of him and Mark. She too, showed interest in supporting Jack to find Mark back and probably has a little reunion dinner together. Unbeknownst to Jack, Mark is now currently a drug lord, in charge of handling the importing and exporting of the 'goods'. Jack has become infamous in Mark's team of 10, including himself, for being the leader of the raiding operations. So far, Mark's team has escaped the raids by the police 5 times. The person in charge of Intel for Mark had no idea that Jack's team will be performing a silent midnight raid on them, and thus, they are extremely vulnerable. 

At about 11.30 PM, Jack's team was on the move and approaching their target destination. Mark was still oblivious to the fact that the police have already boxed them in the warehouse. Jack was extremely shocked to see Mark there, ordering his team to hurry up with the packaging and sorting of the drugs. Nevertheless, Jack told himself that he should do what he must as a law enforcer, to bring Mark to justice. In the meantime, Mark went out of the warehouse for a little breather. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the warehouse exploded, killing all of Mark's team and severely injuring himself in the process. Jack's team was just as shocked as Mark himself, but quickly went to the scene to look for any survivors. After a thorough inspection, it has been confirmed that only Mark survived the explosion. He was then brought to the hospital for emergency treatment first before being sent to prison. The next day was his trial and Jack notices that Mark's family did not come at all, ruling out the possibility that they have already given up on him. Mark was very delusional and emotional at the time of the trial, having lost all of his team, whom he considered as brothers, in one moment after being together for about 10 years. He had believed that the police were the ones who were responsible for the explosion, even after the police showed evidence that it was not them who did it. He confessed to all the stated crimes by the judge and was given a sentence of 25 years in jail. Before he leaves the courtroom, he swears that he will make Jack and his team pay severely and to experience the pain that he went through. Jack simply shakes his head in a disappointing manner after hearing that. Three days later, Jack decides to pay Mark a visit and have a personal talk with him. When Mark came out of the door in the visiting room, he had a look that could really kill. He stared deep into Jack's eyes and picked up the phone. "How are you?" Jack calmly asks. "Need you ask? Do you know how much I want to come through this window and stick a blade in your brain?" "I have already said, my team wasn't the one who triggered the explosion." "Enough excuses, I have nothing to talk to you about." Mark then leaned forward against the window and said softly in an intimidating voice while glaring at Jack, "I will f***ing end you!" and slams the phone back down, storming back to his cell. At the same time, Jack was really sad that his childhood best friend was so bent on having revenge on him. A tear rolled down his cheek while he thought about this.