Stupid Cupid - One Shot

This is my Stupid Cupid One-Shot. Hope you enjoy it!

*~*

"That outfit screams two words. 'Dick repellant'."

I shot a withering look at a smirking Zephyr before over-looking my outift with a critical eye. I mean, sure, the black and white striped hoodie may have made my body look slightly bigger than it was and the baggy white jeans had holes on the knees from skidding along the concrete too much, and was so loose my underwear peeked through occasionally, but overall, I thought it was okay.

"It's not like I want to attract-," I blushed before adding quietly. "Dicks. I'm fourteen."

Zephyr burst into a loud, rambuntuous laugh and I had a slight suspicion that it was because of my embarresment to say 'dick'. "Don't need to get hostile, Virgin Mary. Besides, you turn fifteen next week."

"Still fourteen." I mumbled defensively. I gave another once over before turning around and grabbing my phone.

"So you're seriously leaving like that? Not even a bit of makeup?" Zephyr sat up, incredulously.

"Did you think I'd be joking?" I raised an eyebrow at her and she shook her head with disbelief.

"Maybe, I mean. Look at that outfit. Any baggier and your date is going to think you have a penis," She pointed to my crotch where there were low hanging jeans almost past mid-thigh. "And that you're holding some kind of sausage-bomb underneath your hoodie."

Before I could argue back, there was a loud call from Mom. "Reed, Albert is here."

"Albert? By the sound of it, Reed, you might have a chance. If he's some geeky little nerd with braces like his name predicts, then I hope you enjoy your night at Bingo with his grandmother."

I rolled my eyes and opened the door, looking back at Zephyr. "Coming down?"

"Sure." She stood up and we both made our way to where Mom had called from. Instantly when I neared, I felt nerves tingle inside of me as my anxiousness grew. Mom had promised me that Albert was a nice boy, never in trouble, good grades and an all-time great guy.

Of course, that's what they think about serial killers before they stake you out and kill you.

That wasn't the reason my nerves were going haywire, though.

When I looked up, my eyes were instantly met with a pair of hazel ones, framed a pair of large, square, glasses. When I gave Albert a quick look, I almost mentally groaned. He was everything Zephyr had depicted he'd be.

His dark hair was combed back - whether it was because it was oily or gel, I'd gladly never find out - but there was a few strands pulled out to form a small curl against his forehead, making him look corny. He wore a red flannel shirt, tucked into a pair of black slacks, matched with pointed black leather shoes. He was a lanky guy with skinny arms and a frail body that suddenly reminded me of Slenderman.

"Reed, this is Albert. Albert, Reed." Mom aquainted, an evil smile that always slid onto her each time she watched me meet my date, lifting the corners of her mouth.

I turned to Albert with a hesitant smile as I held my hand out to him. "Nice to meet you."

Albert's lips stretched into what I think was a smile, but I was sure. "Nice to meet you, too." His voice was sqeaky and broken, as if he were in the middle stages of puberty and he shook my hand vigorously.

I heard a muffled snicker behind me.

"Well, you two better head off now. I'm sure you guys just can't wait to get to the movies." Mom spoke excitedly.