Chapter One: Dreamworld

(A/N:  Hey guys!  Welcome to le story!  I'm really happy you're reading this, and please vote, comment, and fan if you like it!  Without further ado, may I present The Confused Ones!

**EDIT: I am really behind on all of my works. It's summer break for me now, so I should be able to update more frequently. I am currently editing this work, so parts will be deleted and uploaded. Thanks for your support!**

**EDIT:  I CHANGED THE NAMES!!! *wewt wewt*  Hopefully it's a lot better written now, because I started writing this a long time ago and I apparently didn't know what editing meant...**

**EDIT:  Ugh, my chapters are still short.  Still working on it.  Hopefully, it'll be better soon.  By the way, all of these edits are going to be taken down as soon as my story is finalized.**)

Zaria jerked awake.  “Where- where am I?”  A place full of trees, yet every single one dead.  Once-beautiful flowers, bent so low that they kiss the ground, bow down to the sky.  It could only be a dreamworld.  But whose?  The Frightened Ones, maybe, but normally, they create monsters closing in on you, leaving you screaming until you wake up.  The Fantastical Ones, but they normally have beautiful creatures everywhere.  This place is just deserted.  Who created this dreamworld?

“The Confused Ones have created the world you are in, child.”

“Who said that?”  At the sound of the rich baritone voice, Zaria’s head snapped up.  “Is anyone there?  Who are you?”  Looking around, she discovered only plants.

“I am here.  It was I who spoke, like it is I who speaks.”

“But who are you?  What are you?  And... and why did you call this a ‘world’?  I’ve never seen a world like this.”  Zaria’s voice grew ever more confused as she attempted to take everything in.

“Zaria Azebel, you are living in a world that is the product of the Confused Ones.  As they destroy, so do they create.”

“But this can’t be the world!  The world is civilized, full of machines and comfortable houses.  This is not exactly civilization.”  Zaria quickly thought better of her snarky tone and added, “My words are not meant to offend, sir.  What should I call you?  Who are you?”

“Zaria, child, I am forbidden to- I mean, I will not tell you who or what I am.  Suffice it to say that I know everything, just as I know nothing.”

“Aha!  You said you were forbidden to tell me!  Who forbade you?”

“I never said I was forbidden!  What are you talking about?”

“You’re lying to me!”

“Child, you must be delirious from the novelty of this situation.  Lie down and rest.”

I know I’m not delirious.  I heard him- it- the voice say that he was forbidden!  At least, I think I did…

“Please, lie down on this bed of leaves and rest.  You have taken in enough for today, and you will need strength to face what lies ahead.  It grows late already.”

“Am I all alone here?  I mean, except for you?”

“Yes- well, I mean- no- not exactly-“

Suddenly, the bushes rustled.