Chapter 3

Hey i finally finish re-writing and editing. Im actually glad im editing its giving me ideas where this story should go. so im pretty sick so chaps goona come out slower. sorry i barely finish this one. and i tried editing but if there any confusion just private message me or something.

XxX jessica MOOORE

  Chapter 3

I woke up from bright light shining through the fog from the window into my eyes. I was just coming to my sense when I narrowed my eyes at my clock. This would only happen to me. Oh No, its 7:45 am. This would only happen to me. I am going to be late to school not the best way to start my junior year. I jump off my bed nearly tripping flat on my face, but still I rush through my routine of brushing my teeth and getting dressed.

I ran back to pick up my backpack from the floor and went to the bathroom. One look in the mirror could tell me my hair was not going to work. So I pull out brush and my basic necessities: mousse, conditioner, oil, and spray. I pull my hair in a ponytail and jet out to the kitchen, to grab a granola bar and ran out of the house locking the door behind me.

I half-ran to school getting tired and pausing to rest. I'm going to have to talk to Bruce about this. I need a car. I didn't like running because my friend has told me I run funny.

• ϗ• ϗ• ϗ• ϗ•

I got to school just as the bell was ringing to go to first class. At least I am on time I thought to myself. Well I was almost on time. I went inside building by entrance gate hoping that was the office. When I got inside there was young woman who looked like she in her late twenties with dark black coloring at roots but overall blonde hair, who finish helping a person.

"Can I help you? If you want late slip, you still got time. You’re not late until hits 8:25." She said bring her eyes up from computer screen looking annoyed. What got her panties in a twist?!

“Um that's not it. I am new here" I told her in the politest smile I can muster.

“Yes whatever" she said waving her hand. "Name?" she questioned.

"Adelyne Moore" I answered

“Miss Moore. I have your schedule right here." She handed me my schedule and piece of paper and highlighted all my classes and fastest route to all my class. She then handed me all my books. I stood there trying to get everything situated, but then I heard “Excuse you, but you need to move."

I turn back and there was no one in line or in here, for that matter.  Except some golden blonde who just came to get papers from a teacher box.

“Um just let me get this situated, and I’ll get of your hair" I told her

She just narrows her eyes at me and glared. “Well can you do that over there?” she said pointing to table. Bitch. I just roll my eyes and continue packing up ignoring her stares and left. Geez what is her problem. She probably got dumb or something.

“Don’t worry about her. Her fiancée dumped her." I turn around and saw that same girl that was in office. Didn't she leave a long time ago?

I just stare at her. And she coughed trying to get my attention back. "Sorry" I said, “I was lost in my thoughts “I mumbled dumbly

She laughs. Okay she is nice she might be my only allies in this hell whole. I hand out my hand “Adelyne Moore. Nice to meet you" she shook my hand.

“Konnichiwa I'm Rosaline Usui. And before you ask yes that is my last name, and yes I'm Japanese" she said with a stern look. Note to self: her name is a touchy subject.

"Okay well I’ve got get going” I told her walking away.

“Okay later" I heard her yell.

I walk around school to find the route she highlighted for me to find my classes. I pass by a building. I saw the sign that said building 301. Okay that must be it. Soon as I open the door to walk inside, I bump into something. And was knocked down to the ground.

"Damn that hurt" I muttered.

Shoot, I probably got concision. What did I hit? It felt like bricks. I sat on the ground trying to regaining my senses, as I hear shuffling. I look up to see the person I bump into. A boy. He had dark brown hair and was 6 feet tall. He totally had American boyish look going on. His eyes were blue-green with a little gold around iris and outline was violet. Nobody can have eyes that color but he did. His eyes look like diamonds. Wow dejav…where had I seen this before.

I stood there thinking until I hear someone cough. I look up to at him, noticing he was standing right next to me. He bends down to give me my books and papers I dropped.

"Are you okay?" the boy said still handling my books. The girl he was with was standing there looking at him. Her expression was unreadable but something about her eyes made me feel self-conscious and terrified.

"Yes, thank you" I said standing up as I took my books back. However, the minute we touched I felt a strong electric shock. Ouch. What hell was that? I jump back staggering while he looks at me in surprise. I was about to say something when he immediately pulled back walking off with the girl next to him, at great speed too. Weird, I thought. “Oh well,” I said to myself rolling my eyes. I walk in a hurry to go to my class. However, as I kept walking I could not stop wondering whom that guy was.

• ϗ• ϗ• ϗ• ϗ•

Finally made it to my class, when I open the door everybody was staring at me. Did I have something on my face? Maybe it is because I am new? As people continue to stare, I dropped my eyes to floor and closed the door behind me.

I made my way to the person who looks to be my teacher. I handed him my schedule, and the piece of paper the woman gave me to give to my first period teacher.

As he was reading the papers, I inspected the room that I was going to have for first period.

I still kept my eyes down to the floor while pulling my hair out of my ponytail allowing my hair to untwine. I usually did this when I was shy. Or if I just didn’t feel comfortable with people staring. I peek my eyes out through my curtain of hair, squinting at the board.

Written on the board was “Geometry Review.” It had various problems having to do with special triangles. Most of problems require knowledge of sine, cosine, and tangent. Great I knew it was a bad idea to take this class. I barley passed Geometry last year. I know I am going to fail this school year. I was never good at anything that has to do with finding a measure of a shape.

I could already imagine the look on Bruce and my mom face when I bring home my report card. They are going to kill me. I let that thought go focusing on my teacher, who finally put the papers down and sign it.

“Give this to the front office on your way to your second class please"

"Okay" I said taking the paper to put in my backpack. When I turn around, he was gathering something off his desk and handed it to me.

"We are working on triangles right now" he said. Then he looked around his class and gestures with his hands for me to follow him. He led me to table in the back of room with a girl in one of the seats. He gestured for me to sit down.

“Here you go. This is Yazmin your lab partner." he introduces us.

"And Yazmin this is your new lab partner Adelyne. Don't scare her off like you did all others." He said in joking, yet serious tone. I narrow my eyes in confusion. Okay should I be scared?