Chapter 24

I finally updated after what? 5 months? I'm so sorry if you were waiting for this update, I'll put an A/N at the bottom to try and explain, anyway let's get on with the story.
//////////////////////
Quick recap:

Honey and Amy were out shopping when they were seemingly kidnapped. They woke up in a prison cell of sorts, some dudes came in took some of Amy's blood, and left the cell unlocked after having to leave because of an emergency regarding 'Marcy'. Honey and Amy then managed to escape their restraints and get out of the cell.

...

We were wondering through the 'prison' searching for a way out despite the layout not being all that complicated. Our footsteps echoed through the stale smelling rows of cells and our voiced bounced back at us from every wall.

And what better to talk about than school?

"-And last year some kid, probably someone new who had no idea what they were getting into, used their spoon to launch a grape at Azora," Honey pauses for dramatic suspense, "The next day he had disappeared off the face of the Earth - no one ever found out what actually happened to him."

"And none of the teachers questioned it?" I ask, now fearing for my safety if I ever make it back to school.

"Not really, they did a little questioning at first but gave up after everyone refused to say a word about it. Most people were afraid Azora would do the same to them - although now that I think about it, there never was any proof that it really was Azora who caused his disappearance."

"So what you're saying is that it might not have been her who made that poor kid vanish?"

She hums in response,"Well it's not like anyone actually knows Azora's ability, she keeps skipping out on battle training apparently, so there's nothing to say that she sent him to another dimension or whatever."

"You said that she joined around the same time you did, right?" I see Honey nod from the corner of my eye, "How has she been skipping out on battle training all that time?"

Honey turns to look at me with furrowed eyebrows, "Oh, I thought you knew."

I raise an eyebrow, "Knew what?"

"Battle training was only brought in around a month before you joined, before then our school was pretty strict about when and where we could and couldn't use our abilities. We still had a lesson where we would practice and try to master our abilities, but it was more aimed towards helping others rather than fighting them. Any violence using our abilities would end up with us having to scrape gum and other peculiar substances off of the tables for months, and trust me there's some pretty weird stuff under there." She shudders.

"So why would they need to teach us how to fight now then...?" I trail off before a wave of realisation washes over me, "...Unless they're actually teaching an army."

"What?"

"Honey, I think they're preparing for war..."

Her eyes widen in understanding, "And we're going to be the ones fighting."

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

After that we paced along in silence, our minds reeling with uncertainties, searching for answers as well as an exit. How big can this place really be? I swear I'm starting to recognise the patches of brown sludge that litter the mossy floor, have we just been going round in circles this whole time? I need to get out of here soon, otherwise this pungent stench of damp mould is going to make me lose my last meal.