Chapter 9

- Ellie's POV -

It's been a few months since I moved to Australia, and I couldn't be happier. I had the perfect boyfriend, the perfect friends, the perfect life really. Everything was going perfect, I even got a job to pamper myself with a bit of extra cash. But it all came down to that wonderful reason we came here: my mothers wedding.

It was January 12th, the morning of the wedding, and I could hear my mother squealing like a 15 year old girl. I promised her I would help her get ready, take her to get her hair done, nails done, and makeup, so I had to get up.

I pushed the blanket off of my body and sighed, smiling because I knew I'd get to see Ashton at the wedding. His parents and my parents have become quite fond of each other, and so has my little sister and Ashton's little brother.

As for Marcus . . . Not quite. John knew the Butlers, and he didn't like them one bit. Apparently Marcus' parents were 'pretentious snobs', his words exactly.

I stumbled off towards the shower, taking my towel and hanging it on the bar next to the shower.

This day was to cause many memories, mostly about my father. To say I know him and I know where he is would be a complete lie, lets just leave it at that. To say that I don't hate him would be a lie. He left me, he left us.

I shook off the ill feelings I had from my father, stepping into the shower after I checked the temperature. I knew this was a big day for my mother, so I tried to stay all smiles, even though it hurt to see my mother committing her life to someone else, no matter how much I despised my real father. I just wanted a picture perfect life, one where my parents were happily married and there were no issues. But every cloud has a silver lining. If it weren't for my fathers absence, we would've never moved to Australia. I would've never met Ashton, or Amanda . . . Or Marcus, the love of my life at the moment, and I can't imagine living without him.

Just the thought of him mad my insides bubble, but there was one thing I couldn't get over. When he held my hand, or grabbed my waist, or kissed me . . . It was bland. As cliche as it sounds, 'missing the sparks'. I just didn't feel right whenever I kissed him, or held his hand or anything. I kept forcing myself to think that maybe the next kiss will be better, or maybe the next hug will mean more to me, or maybe the next time we hold hands I would feel like I was on top of the world, but it never happened. To this day I feel like that, I keep reminding myself but the inevitable keeps me trapped. I so desperately try to make things even the slightest bit special, but it never works. Even if I do love his carefree, cheeky, charming personality, the bland kisses will be something I may not ever get used to.

I got out of the shower, drying myself off and getting dressed. I had plenty of time until the wedding, so I decided to put off wearing my dress as long as possible. I put on a black singlet with the 'Rolling Stones' logo with a black bandeau and a pair of light-wash jeans. I blow dried my hair and straightened it, parting it to the side before I went to find my mom.

As I walked into her and Johns room, she looked up. She was on the edge of her bed, her fingers running over the fabric of her dress. I knew she couldn't wait.

"Hey mom" I smiled, walking over to her. She embraced me in a bone crunching hug, making me laugh.

"Okay, so this is the plan. We're going to get our nails done, then our hair, and I was hoping you could do my makeup" she smiled, crossing her legs and holding my hands.

"That sounds good, I'll go get Emma dressed" I smiled, stopping by my room to put on a pair of Vans and grabbing my phone. I went over to Emma's room, shaking her body awake and giggling when she smiled. I got her dressed in a T-Shirt with a pair of jeans, letting her wear whatever shoes she wanted and walking out to meet my mother. I held onto Emma's hand as we walked downstairs.

"I'm so excited" my mom finally gushed, her cheeks turning pink. I looked at her shaky hands, laughing before holding them still.

"I know you are, so lets get going! It's 9 right now and we have 6 hours to do everything so we can come back to put on the dress. Also, a few minutes to do any finishing touches would help a ton"

-

It was a quarter until 4, and we had to get going now. The wedding starts at 5, and the church was 5 minutes away and we should've been there earlier.

I looked at myself quickly, fixing my deep blue dress that fell way below my feet and it was strapless at the top. It was a very fancy dress, perfect because the wedding was inside. I grabbed my hand bag before sending a quick text to Marcus and scurrying over to where Emma was. She was the flower girl, a little purple dress, white shoes, and a headband with one solo purple flower adorned her well. I straightened out her dress before heading towards the truck.

When my mother was finally set, and walked out of the house door, I gasped. She was so gorgeous.

"Mom . . . Wow" I said and she laughed. She hugged me before pulling me into the truck.

"You think so?" She said, twirling a little strong before tucking it away.

"Of course!" I said, "you look so pretty"

I buckled Emma inside of her seat before getting in the drivers seat and heading towards the church.

When we got into the church, we made our way into an area so that no one could see us, a separate room.

A heard a knock on the door and quickly opened it, seeing my grandfather smiling broadly.

"Hey grandpa Joey!" I smiled, kissing his cheek. He chuckled, walking inside and looking at my mom, his daughter. He stopped, taking my mother before finally speaking.

"Amy, you look fantastic" he said, walking over to her and smiling. "My little girl is getting married" he said, giving her a big hug.

When he felt a tug on his dress pants, he looked to his side at Emma who twirled her dress, a crooked smile plastered on her face.

"And doesn't our little our little Emmy look just gorgeous?" She giggled at her nickname before running over and grabbing her basket filled with rose petals.

"Look grandpa!" She said, holding up the basket triumphantly. He clasped his hands together and nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes, yes, I see that! You're going to be the best flower girl ever" he said, kissing her forehead before standing up and facing me.

"And now my little Ellie, beautiful little El" he said, pulling me into a hug.

"You've grown up so much" he said, patting my back. I smiled and nodded,

"I had to one day" I joked, pulling back.

"Not on my watch!" I said, wagging his finger at me. We all laughed, taking in the sweet moment we had together.

We all talked and talked until it was 4:50, and I needed to find my seat. Luckily, I met Ashton and we grabbed two seats.

"Excited?" I smiled, tucking away his program and invitation. I nodded, smiling wide as I saw the wedding start to set up.

"Very" I smiled, gripping onto his finger when I saw John make his way down the isle. I felt Ashton tense, but eventually ease up and intertwine our fingers. I was edgy when he did it, but I felt something churn in my stomach like nothing has made it do before. Huh. The violins started playing a peaceful tune as we waited for the bride to show.

Soon, the violins started to play a different tune, and everyone stood to their feet as my mother appeared from the back, her arm linked with my grandfathers. I still kept my hand in Ashton's, pursing my lips together as Emma walked down the isle, throwing flower petals everywhere. I giggled quietly, watching my grandfather wipe away a tear from his eye as he reached the end of the isle. He kissed her cheek, handing her off to John where they continued onto their vows.

-

Soon after the wedding ceremony came the reception, my favorite part. Ashton, his family, my mother, my now stepfather, Emma, my grandfather, my aunts and uncle, and I all sat at one table in the front while everyone else sat in the common area. I was glad that my mom let the Irwin's sit at the table, actually considering them family because of how close me and Ashton were.

Everyone was served salmon and an open bar, regular drinks provided as well. It was darkly lit, candles, a few overhead lights, and a fancy chandelier providing the only light.

I took my seat next to Ashton of course and to my left was Emma. I held her cut up the salmon, keeping an open conversation with Ashton. Currently we were arguing about who was better: superman or batman.

"Superman has it all! He can fly" I said, laughing as Ashton chewed quicker to get in a response.

"But batman has his own layer with special gadgets and stuff!" He shot back, wiping his face with his napkin.

"That's the what I mean! Batman is nothing without his suit and his 'special gadgets'," I said, taking a sip out of the water in front of me.

"Superman's weakness is kryptonite, one touch and he looses his power" he claimed, nudging my arm and sticking his tongue out.

"But no one carries a piece of kryptonite handy in their pocket, now do they? If you take batman's suit away, he's just a man" I defended, smirking and mentally giving myself a high five.

The argument paused as the the DJ spoke up,

"And now welcome Mr. And Mrs. Williams with their first dance as a married couple" he said as I watched my parents stand up and walk to the dance floor. 'Love Is Here To Stay' by Frank Sinatra sounded through the whole room, my parents dancing along to the beat. Everyone took pictures and videos, being sure to capture the moment well.

After awhile, we both settled that this argument wouldn't end after going through about 5 songs of constant rambling. I finished my food, wiping my mouth clean as I saw Ashton get up and stand in front of me. I furrowed my eyebrows when he held out his hand, sending him a confused look.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked as a Tony Bennet song came on, my personal favorite 'The Way You Look Tonight'. I smiled, my heart fluttering as I took his hand. Huh.

He led me towards the semi-crowded dance floor, arms wrapping around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I was surprised when he didn't step on my toes, not even once.

I looked up at him, smiling when he did. He blushed immediately, feeling the warmth of his breath as he chuckled.

"I will feel a glow just thinking of you, and the way you look tonight" he sang softly, close to my ear, swaying my slowly. I blushed harder as he stared down at me, mouthing the words with a cheeky grin on his face. I felt him kiss my cheekbone, my eyes fluttering closed. I knew I was definitely pushing the limit on the like between friends and . . . More than friends.

"You look beautiful" he whispered, the piano accompanying his words softly.

"Thank you" I whispered, his nose brushing against mine gently. I bit my lip, at a loss for words, as was he.

I swear his eyes flickered to my lips, his face moving ever so closely until the song ended and a loud, outrageously fast song came on.

We both pulled back once realization hit us like a brick wall, hearing him stutter random syllables in an effort to talk. I did the same, swiping a lock of hair out of my face.

Did we really just do that? It wasn't much but I was happily taken, despite the crazy butterflies I felt inside, despite the tingly feeling when he touches me, despite the weird feeling he gives me . . . I'm taken. And I'm not a cheater.

---------------------------------------------

500+ reads is absolutely amazing! I'm so excited and so happy that you his enjoy my story.

Your comments brighten my night, thank you for the people who comment and vote 'cause it makes me feel special :)

I love you all x