Chapter Four - Editted

Chloe's Point Of View.

It's been a few months since I ran. All I did was run. Right now I think I'm somewhere in DC, but my coordination is really bad. The whole time I was running, all my heart did was break. It's been so hard trying to stay away from A, so hard that sometimes I wonder if I should go back to him. 

I sighed, closing my eyes. My wolf was blending in with the trees. I was snooping around, looking at the different personalities. I sighed deeply, turning and trotting off into the dark woods. I shifted, throwing closes on and walking around aimlessly. 

"Stop Right There." A harsh voiced called, making me stop. "You will let me take you to my house, and you will NOT protest." I nodded, letting him do what he did. 

We showed up in a cabin. It looked pretty nice from the outside. He pushed me inside, a devious look on his face. 

"Chloe. I finally caught up with you." I spun around, shocked. There, in all her glory, stood Claire. She looked horrible. "You broke us up. Me and my hubby. You will pay. Cole, do it."

Cole stepped forwards, grinning. Claire walked outside, walking away. 

"This, Wolfy, is going to hurt." The gleam of a silver knife came into my vision before he stabbed me.

Aaron's Point Of View.

It's been a few months since Chloe ran. In that time I divorced Claire, got dad to get the WHOLE pack into looking for my mate and totally warmed up to the idea of cuddling close with Chloe.

Right now, I was picking up her scent in the woods just outside DC. I felt a pain in my chest, making me howl lowly. 

"Aaron! What's wrong?" My dad asked in the mind link. I growled, bounding forwards the way my heart told me to go.

"DON'T!" I yelled, bursting into the room. It was a cabin in the middle of the woods. Chloe was about to rip the knife out. 

"I-it's t-too l-late, A. I-I L-love y-you." I ran towards her , wrapping my arms around her and holding her close. I felt the tears fall as I made my hand hover over hers.

"Chlo, I love you too. Don't, please. Let the doctor save you. Please." I begged. My tears on her perfect face. "Please." A weak sob left my mates lips, making my lip quiver.. 

"I can't! I c-couldn't d-do that t-to you!" She sobbed harder, her breathing becoming more needed.

"Please, Chlo! I love you, please. Don't do this. Please." My voice fell to a whisper, looking at my beautiful mate's face. I don't know what I would do without her. 

"I-I am so sorry!" The hunter broke out into tears, watching us. "I am a terrible person!" Mitch came, taking the hunter away and muttering words to him. 

"Chloe, I love you. Don't." Her breath staggered as her hands left the knife, clutching my cheeks.

"I have to." I shook my head vigorously, leaning my forehead on hers. Sweat covered it, making me feel even worse.

"Your my best friend, Chloe. And my mate, OK?! I love you, and I always will!" She smirked weakly at me, making me lean forwards and have the kiss I had been waiting so long to have. "I love you." I muttered on her lips. I felt her grip slacken on me, the pain in her beginning to get words.

"I love you so much." Her voice was sturdy, making me choke on a sob. "Aaron, just remember that, OK? I love you." I shook my head, my grip tightening on her. More tear's fell as my heart began to break more and more.

"Don't, Chloe! Don't leave me!" I shouted, gripping her tighter. I heard some of the pack enter.  "Don't you dare! Just don't!"

"I-I l-love y-you, A." Her voice was weak, and It broke me.

"Your not going to leave me, Chlo!" I yelled. "DAD! Help!" She smiled her amazing smile one last time."CHLOE! NO!" All my tears fell onto her body as I cradled it, trying to ease the pain for both of us. "You c-can't leave me!" He sobbed uncontrollably. "You just c-can't." Her eye lids fluttered as her breath staggered again.

"Come on, son. Leave the paramedics do their job." My dad wrapped his arm around me, trying to pul me away.

"NO!" My grip on her tightened. "I'M NOT LEAVING!" I sobbed harder, a paramedic putting her in the ambulance. "I l-love you." I kept repeating it over and over, in hope that she would come back. 

A beep went over to ambulance. "NO!" I screamed, trying to climb in. My dad's grip tightened around me, pulling me away. The sobs racked my body, making it impossible to breath. The pain from Chloe made it worse. My dad slowly let go of me. I fell to he floor, crying from the pain and from Chloe. 

I tugged at my hair, trying to releave some of the pain. 

"Well, well, well." Claire's voice made everything go quiet. "Who knew you would love a tramp like her?" I growled at her, tears still staining my face. "Don't worry, lover boy. There's still a chance for you with me." My whole pack growled at her. 

"Your heartless, Claire." I growled at her. My voice broke in several places. She laughed at that, stepping forwards. 

"No. You broke my heart by choosing a whore over me." I growled loudly at her, my body shaking with anger. 

"SHE IS NOT A WHORE!" I yelled at her. She laughed again, making me lunge. I ripped her throat out before she could retaliate. 

I shifted back, rushing to the hospital.

I can't believe Claire tried to kill my mate. My gorgeous, kind, smart, caring, lovable and completely insane mate. 

I hope I get there before it's too late...