Chapter Six

"I dive into the future, but I'm blinded by the sun. I'm reborn in every moment, so who knows what I'll become." - Revival, Selena Gomez 

Chapter Six - The Lying Game 

- Nina's POV - 

"Ella, how the hell am I supposed to know what the weather is like in Amsterdam? I've never been there," I spit my point over the phone, rolling my eyes some. I have currently been on the phone for about thirty minutes with Ella and at the same time, packing a suitcase. 

"Well, sorry, there's this thing called Google you know!" she retorts and I can tell from her tone that she is trying not to laugh at herself. I've always admired how free-sprited she is; she doesn't let anything bother her. 

"So, you think a couple pairs of jeans and light shirts would be fine?" I ask, rummaging through the outfits I made from my wardrobe. I'm the type of person when packing, I pack outfits to make sure I don't over or under pack. 

"Yeah, yeah, totally," Ella responds quickly, "Besides, you can always wear my clothes, we're practically the same size," she adds and I purse my lips, knowing she has a point. 

"Considering I haven't seen you in months, I would have forgotten," I say sarcastically, shaking my head some. The last time I saw her, her blonde hair was long and bright, cascading down her back like a mermaid. Who knows what she looks like now. 

"Ugh, you and our family is so fucking dramatic," she mutters over the phone and I laugh at the fact I can practically feel her eyes rolling out of her own head. 

"I'm not the dramatic one! Your mother is the dramatic one," I say, not even caring if I was 'talking bad' about her mother and my aunt. Ella isn't too fond of her, so I don't see what the big deal is. 

"Well, there's no denying that," she says with an honest tone, "Hey, how was the will reading by the way?" she then pipes up, asking a question out of the blue. 

"Um," I pause, trying to think of a way to describe it. I never expected for me to be at one when I'm only twenty, I expected to at least be fifty or sixty before I had to go through all of this stuff. "It was interesting. I received most of the estate," I say, not sure exactly how I feel about that. 

"Well that's a given, you were their only child," Ella says in an obvious tone, "I bet my mom was pissed. "Oh my god, what do you mean I only get one-hundred thousand dollars?" Damn, that woman needs help," I laugh at how well Ella quoted Scarlett perfectly. 

"You're crazy El," I laugh in between my words, trying to find my composure again. 

"I am not denying that," she responds, emphasizing the not, "So, um, are you doing okay?" Ella's voice suddenly changes to peppy, to a now more serious and worried tone. I stop all of my movements, feeling a chill run down my spine. 

"Yeah," I say in a low, hesitant tone, "Why?" I ask, trying not to think about my parents too hard. Don't cry Nina, they wouldn't want that.