The Pepper and Longstreet series is a FINALIST!!

The Pepper and Longstreet series is a finalist in the Reader's Favorite Awards Contest!

5 Star Review by Lee Ashford for Readers' Favorite

"Pepper and Longstreet Mysteries: The Complete Series" by J T Lewis contains every episode of the "Pepper and Longstreet" mystery tales. Very similar to "The Hardy Boys" and "Nancy Drew" mysteries familiar to those of us considered "boomers", Pepper Jones is a 14 year old High School student who has been successful - and lucky - at solving a number of mysteries around her home town. She has the very helpful assistance of a Civil War era ghost by the name of Jacob Longstreet, who happens to be invisible to everybody except Pepper; that fact gives her a decided advantage at times while working on a case.

There are 11 stories in this very reasonably priced collection, and each of them is an extraordinarily good young adult/pre-teen mystery story. Whether solving just-committed robberies or cracking 40 year old coded messages, when Pepper and Longstreet are on the job, the bad guys don't stand a chance. These stories aren't just reminiscent of "The Hardy Boys" and "Nancy Drew"; they are every bit as well written, engaging, and fun to read. J T Lewis writes youth mysteries on par with those two legendary series. Although it is classified as "Young Adult" fiction, I can personally testify that old adults too will enjoy these stories. The author has found his niche, and has the talent to excel in this genre. His characters are as real as your next door neighbor, with a touch of the paranormal thrown in just for fun.