Chapter V

*Narration by Annabelle

‘Then it happened. With the chaos that we had inspired, heaven was in shambles. Angels started to perish and The Fallen started to gain power.

It went on like this for years upon years; the Fallen becoming more and more powerful. Angels had become our slaves, tending to our every petty  whim. We were cruel. We wanted subordination from the angels, and we acquired it in the most degrading manner.

But as time passed, we grew more and more prideful and confident in our abilities to defeat the angels. And as our pride grew, we became careless, negligent even.

We were too absorbed in basking in our old glory, that we let our guards down considerably.

So when Azrael, the angel of retribution, had made himself present in heaven, we hardly noticed.

Now most of the angels were quite weak by now, as weak, I daresay, as the mere humans. However, with Azrael, that was not the case.

You see, Naima, Azrael’s strengths worked in a unique way. Being the Angel of retribution, he got his power from revenge, from payback. Which meant that he retained superior powers, since retribution was found everywhere; on earth, in heaven, in hell. Everywhere.

And as he caught sight of what had been done to his brothers, he became furious. I can remember it so clearly, as if no time has passed since that day. And perhaps that’s how he wanted it to be. Perhaps he wanted us to never forget the repercussions that resulted from our impetuosity.

His shout tore through heaven like a dagger tearing through flesh and for a second, everything stilled.

“Wretched angels,” He had snarled, “You shall be shown no mercy!”

And just like that, we knew that it was over. The devastatingly beautiful angel looked at us with such hatred; with such disgust in his eyes.

For the first times in our existence, we felt fear. The terror that ran through my spine at his words was incomparable to all.

Fear. And do you know why that is, Naima?

You see, every Angel, including fallen Angels, have a weakness. And Azrael’s weakness was his inability to control his wrath. In a mere moment of ire, he has the power to erase all existence.

Before we could open our mouths to plead for mercy, he raised his hand. Heaven shook. The shaking only kept increasing as the entire universe quaked from his wrath.

A slight burning smell started to emanate from our skin and we felt a slight discomfort at the warm feeling. As seconds passed, our skins began to heat up to temperatures of unimaginable heights. We started to ignite and our once porcelain skin darkened and crumbled.

The pain I felt was so extreme, I begged for him to kill me; we all begged. Our screams ricocheted, the sounds clashing with the storm that had begun. And despite the rain, the heat only grew.

Slowly, our flesh began to crumble and then our muscles and then nothing was left of us but our living bones.

And then Azrael uttered one word.

“Vampira.”

We started to regenerate. Our once soft skin became dry and rough. Our once warm eyes became bleak and cold.

Our once high spirits plummeted to the dust.

For days, we just lay on the ground, too mentally and emotionally taxed to even move. Then we heard his voice.

“I hereby condemn the damned to the boundaries of the human realm. He who steps foot in the threshold of the pure heaven will be faced with a wrath his entire families will suffer for the entirety of existence.”

And just like that, we fell all over again.

But this time, we didn’t rejoice.’

_______________________________________________

**IMAGE OF AZRAEL. You will see him in the future.

Alright! So this was the history of the creation of Vampires (According to my book.)

Previously, they had fallen as angels, but then had been cursed for the harm that they had caused in heaven.

The entire chapter was Annabelle narrating the history and creation of vampires.

And BTW, this is all made up by the overactive imagination of yours truly.

OH YEAH. The song on the right is War Pigs by Black Sabbath. LOVE MY FUCKING OZZY!!

_______________________________________________________

Please vote and comment. I absolutely love when you do so. Makes me feel good about my writings. :D