Chapter 1

It was said that in every immortal family there would be an anomaly within one generation. Two female children would be born at the same time of the wrong species of their families. They would be cousins. The vampires would give birth to a lycan child and the lycans would give birth to a vampiric child. The families would come together and they would have a discussion of the fate of the children in question. One such idea was to swap the children as soon as possible but when it came time to do so, the mothers were not able to let go of their offspring.

Although brought up in different families the cousins were well loved, but they also felt lonely unless they were together. A month before their eighteenth birthday, the cousin were asked if they wished to stay with their families or swap lives and live with their own kind. Both cousins were in conflicted with the choice that lay before them. After some time had pasted the cousins still could not make up their minds on what they wanted to do. So the families decided to send the girls the an all immortal boarding school. Where everyone no matter their species were accepted.

Tasha rushed down the hall running late for yet another morning class, she knew she shouldn't have gone for the early morning run in her werewolf form. Her cousin Nikkie the vampire had gone with her with a change of clothes but because Nikkie was immune to the sun, she could flit to her class and still have time to spare. Cursing herself for her lateness to class Tasha hurried faster down the hall until she slammed into a brick wall of a overly warm body. Tasha stubbled backwards and looked up. Before Tasha could mutter a word the overly warm body came into focus. In front of her stood an up himself jerk with bleach blonde hair and grey eyes, he was about 6'8, he was another werewolf and by the looks of it also a jock.

“Watch where your going you flea bitten mutt!” He huffed.

Tasha picked herself up and brushed down her highly priced uniform and placed both her hands on her hips, puffed out her chest and looked straight up and jerked her chin out at the brute standing before her.

“And you would be?” Replied Tasha aggressively.

“I am Shane Princely, second alpha to the Princely pack, and who may you be, with your screaming stance of authority?” Snapped Shane.

“I would be your alpha's alpha, names Tasha Cousin.” Tasha smirked.

“That would mean you are the one born of vampires!” Realisation slammed though Shane's body as he lowered his gaze and bent down on one knee.

“You would be correct, now that you know the truth you will never challenge me again. You will always have your gaze lower then mine. Now be gone before I loose my temper. Demanded Tasha with authority.

Shane bowed his head and took off as fast as his huge clown like feet would take him. Tasha retrieved her books from her nearby locker and continued to her morning class and luck would have it that Shane had told their teacher that it had been his fault Tasha was late. Many eyes landed on Tasha but she simply shrugged it off and got on with her studies. Eyes had also fallen upon Shane but not once did he look up from his own notes. There was going to be rumours after this class and Tasha knew it but it didn't worry her... well not really.

By lunch time Nikkie had heard the rumours that there was something going on between Tasha and the jock Shane. Nikkie was gulping down a plasma premier when she saw Shane walk in. All heads turned when Tasha soon followed. Nikkie watched as Tasha walked to the canteen and was behind Shane, what she saw next almost blew her mind like everyone else in the canteen. Shane stiffened and glanced behind him and then lowered his head as Tasha walked in front of him and stood behind another vampire. Nikkie would have to get to the bottom of what she had just seen and soon.

The bell rang out and the students ran off to each of their classes. Nikkie didn't have the chance to talk to Tasha during lunch but she would in their last class which they had together. But until then Nikkie would have to suffer though the boredom of History. Class started like it always did, with role call. Then it was Shane who stood up and looked around the room and then addressed the teacher.