The Powerpuff Blokes

Alright, just a heads up, this chapter is crappy and all over the place. But, what's new?

37  

The Powerpuff Blokes

Later, after about twenty minutes of sitting in the kitchen watching Luke eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and relentlessly trying to convince me how much better DC superheroes are compared to Marvel superheroes, we finally make our way into the living room.

He's still talking, and I can't lie -- I'm having a hard time following him. While his ramblings were adorable, superheroes, villains, and really, just the whole idea of Marvel, in general, was something that I never really understood.

I grab the remote off the arm of the couch, and snuggle back underneath my covers, before saying, "Luke, you've lost me."

Blue eyes look over at me and he walks over to the sectional, absentmindedly taking a seat. "Okay, okay, I'll shut up. But, just tell me this. If you had to choose, anyone at all, who would be your favorite superhero?"

"Luke, seriously?"

"Yes," he says and then he repeats himself, "Who's your favorite superhero? And don't just choose anyone, think about it. Please know, your response may affect any previous thoughts I have about you."

I laugh, "The pressures on, huh?"

He doesn't answer, instead, he raises his eyebrows and slightly leans forward towards me. I close my eyes and think. I hardly know any superheroes, save for Thor and Spider-Man. I go with the latter. "I don't know -- Spiderman?"

"Spider-Man?" He repeats, doubtful. Before I even finish my nod, Luke is groaning, "Ew, why? He's practically the worst there is."

Turning my attention to the TV, I scroll through our On-Demand list, "Guess, I just like the thought of the underdog overcoming. Plus," I add with a shrug, "-- that Maguire guy was pretty cute."

"Who are you?" Luke scrunches his face up and then he shakes his head, "Spider-Man is a joke, I mean, who the hell is gonna believe that a radioactive spider bite is gonna turn puny Peter Parker into this, this--," he stops, laughing, "Fck, I don't even how to describe him! He's so lame."

"That's mean," I comment. Then, I nod my head towards the TV, "Hey, do you wanna watch this? I think it's that new movie about the emotions that live inside peoples heads? Disney, I think?"

His smile falters a bit and he lazily turns to glance over his shoulder at the screen. "Not really, I actually had something else in mind."

Glad that I managed to distract him, I let out a relieved sigh and glance over at him, "Perfect. What is it?"

A slow smirk lifts his lips and he tips his head at me, "You."

"Come on, Luke. Be serious."

"I am being serious," he argues back. Suddenly, he sits up, confusion etched across his face. "Why the hell are you all the way over there, anyway?"

Upset that he managed to change the topic once again, I continue scrolling through our movie options, grumbling an annoyed, "What?"

"We literally have the entire living room to ourselves and you're seriously gonna make me sit over here all alone?"

Looking at him, I nod, "Precisely." And then I realize how much of an opportunity that would be wasting, so I shrug, "Okay, well at least until you pick a movie."