Chapter nineteen - Penelope/Zack.

This wasn't happening. It was the same person I told everything to, how was I supposed to trust her now that I knew Zack was her son?

It felt like I was going to faint.

Zack must not have known I existed in his moms world as a patient of hers and his mom must have not known that her son was the one I was talking about.

"You're in therapy?" Zack asked, no judgment intended in his sentence.

"Uh," I said, no words coming out of my mouth. "I should go."

"I'll drive you." Zack offered, getting his keys out of his pockets.

"No, I'm going to walk." I said, picking up my school bag and pushing past Dr. Reed and Zack. No wonder it didn't click straight away.

My first thought was that I needed to get out of here. "But your house is miles away!" Zack yelled just as I reached outside in the pouring rain.

I ignored him and walked out of his house, the rain was dropping on my clothes and on my face making it hard for me to see. I began to cry, without noticing. Out of all the odds, his mom had to be the one I told my deepest darkest secrets to.

"Penelope, wait!" Zack called my name from his house and then I heard the splashing of the puddles behind me.

Zack turned me around, wet from the rain as well. He had a girlfriend. "I'm sorry, I had no idea." He said over the sound of the heavy rain surrounding us.

"How can I trust anyone now? She's your mom!" I exclaimed, rethinking everything.

This was a mistake.

"She didn't tell me anything. She can't, it's patient confidentiality. She'd lose her job." Zack explained and then I remembered that he was right. "I don't even think my mom knew you were even my friend."

Okay, that made me feel better.

"Please, come back inside," he said, shivering, "it's freezing."

"I like it." I said suddenly, looking up at the dark sky, letting the cool rain hit my face. "But I can't, I need to get home. You have to understand that."

He nodded, folding his arms. "Let me drive you, it's the least I could do."

I thought about it for a minute and it would be the best thing to do. My house was miles away and it was pouring down with unstoppable rain. "Okay." I said as we both walked back to his car. We both got in and drove off towards my place.

It was silent until I decided to break it. "How did you and Cecelia meet?"

He clutched the steering wheel and sighed. "I officially got to know her at Molly's party."

I nodded, remembering how Molly wanted me to go.

You could have been Cecelia. Ugh Shut up!

"She's pretty." I said, watching his reaction but he said nothing in response. "So you've been going out for a few days?"

He nodded, saying nothing else as he drove by all of the Miami houses. He soon drove up to my driveway, the rain was still pouring. "Please don't distance yourself from me just because my mom is your therapist," he said before I got out, "I haven't told anyone what you told me the other night."

"I believe you, Zack," I said, not sure what else to add, "thank you for the ride."

He nodded, parking the car. "Anytime."