Chapter 1

K.K's POV

So Mimi's first day of flight training could only be described as a disaster, an adorable disaster. The cute little four-year old brought up flight training one day at breakfast, when Yin was serving up his very delcious, and large, blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes. The rest of us has been wolfing down our pancakes, like normal, when I noticed that Mimi had been poking at hers. Now if I know Mimi, which I do since I raised her since she was a few months old, she loves pancakes. I knew something was wrong.

"Mimi, what's wrong sweetie?" I asked her. "Do you not like your pancake?"

"It's not that K.K," Mimi sighed as she poked at her food with her fork. "I was just thinking is all."

"About what?" Yin interjected, wanting to know what was going on. He always has to stick his nose into everything. He can never leave well enough alone.

"Well, you remember how you guys went flying the other day while I was having a tea party with my toys?" Mimi questioned.

"Ah, I remember," I said when I realized what she was talking about. Mimi had brought most of her toys with her to our favorite hillside where the rest of us went flying. She kept glancing up at us every now and again to watch us and Lacey felt bad at one point and sat down with Mimi to join her in sipping tea with her pink bear, Cotton Candy. "What about it sweetie?"

Mimi moved nervously in her seat, like the question she was going to ask was making it impossible to sit in her seat. She fiddled with her hands and then looked at me with her big, blue eyes. "I want to learn to fly like you guys!" she blurted out. "You guys can fly really well and I wanna fly like you guys, maybe fly into a cloud and see of it's soft."

The rest of the group had stopped eating at this point and was listening in on the conversation. Jack had stopped being Mr. Dark and Mysterious and showed some slight interest-key word slight-; Lacey looked generally concerned about what Mimi was saying and looked ready to get up and comfort her if the four-year old started crying; Yin had the I-probably-could-do-a-better-job-at-helping-her-than-you-could look on his face; and Pop was trying to pay attention- bless his heart- but he kept looking around and swirling his chocolate around with his straw.

"So, can you teach me K.K? Please?" Then there they were, Mimi's adorable puppy dog eyes. Whenever she whipped those babies out, you could consider yourself a goner. She practically had you in a trance of you looked into them. Now I might be a pretty tough person- heck, not to brag or anything but I'm the toughest person I know- but those eyes are probably my only weakness, like Kryptonite is to Superman. Besides, the rest of us started learning to fly when we were younger than Mimi. Lisa would've taught her but...let's not get into that.

"Okay Mimi," I sighed. "I'll teach you how to fly. We'll start after breakfast."

"Yay~! I'm gonna fly! I'm gonna fly!"

After breakfast, Mimi and I packed bags for lunch, since I planned to keep her out there until she could at least learn some banking moves. "Are you sure you don't want us going with K.K?" Lacey asked.

"Yeah. Why do we have to stay here?" Pop huffed with his cheeks puffed out.

"Because this flying training is just gonna be solo training for now," I explained. "Having an untrained flyer in the air with a bunch of flyers who are experienced is a recipe for disaster."

"Not that you would know anything about recipes K.K," Yin joked from the couch. "You couldn't cook to save your life."

I growled in anger while Pop laughed, Jack cracked a small smirk from behind his computer he got from Lisa, and Lacey tried not laugh so as not to hurt my feelings. Even if she had laughed, I would've been fine with it. I know I'm a terrible cook, but I make up for it by kicking butt and taking names. That's why I'm in charge, plus my age helps too.

I rolled my eyes at Yin and then opened the door. Before Mimi and I walked out, I looked back and said, "By the way, Jack's in charge."

"Got it." Jack finally spoke, not looking up from the screen.

"Why is Jack always in charge?" Pop complained. "I wanna be in charge!"

"I'll let you be in charge when you grow a few feet taller and can take me in a fight." I retorted, making Pop moan and flop on the couch.

Then Mimi and I made our way to the hillside. I flew us there, with Mimi in my arms. She kept asking me to fly through a cloud but I always told her no. When we got to the hillside, I out Mimi on the ground and told her to get out her wings. She did as I requested and then the lesson began; I taught her the basics on wings, how to making turns, and when to drop to avoid hitting someone. However, it didn't go too well.

K.K. and I stood on a cliff and I was trying to convince her to jump off and fly. "But K.K, I'm scared," Mimi whined, burying her face in my shirt.

"I know hon, but you have to trust me," I said. "Would I do something to get you hurt on purpose?"

"No."

"Exactly. Besides, you're gonna have to learn at some point, right?"

The little four-year old gulped and begrudgingly nodded.

"Now watch me." I made sure to step back a few feet before running over to the edge, jumping off, and then shooting back up in an instant. "Okay Mimi you're turn."

I knew Mimi was nervous but I also knew that she had to do this. She gulped and the sprinted off towards the edge. She decided to stop at the last minute and skidded over the edge by just an inch, causing her to fall over. She didn't even have time to flap her wings.

I quickly dived down and caught her before she hit the ground. She held on tightly to my shirt and sobbed. "That was, so scary," she sobbed. "Please don't make me do that again."

"Okay Mimi, we'll let you stick to the ground for a while."

For the rest of the day, Mimi's flying training was from the ground.