Chapter Three - Hmm... Should I Stay?

•Cody•

Antoinette left me laying in the grass as she walked into the house, probably to go take a shower. I propped myself up on my elbows, thinking about what had just happened. Tawni had just kissed me… Or at least, that’s what I thought had happened… No, it definitely just happened. There wasn’t any feeling behind the kiss, I could tell. I had kissed her back, too. I don’t know why, but I did. So, she’s good looking and a great kisser… But I couldn’t be falling for her, I couldn’t. I wouldn’t let myself. I walked into the house and into the downstairs bathroom. I could see in the mirror that some mustard had gotten on me, too, so I hopped into the shower and turned it on. I made the water as hot as I could handle and after a few minutes, I heard a call from upstairs.

“SIMPSON, STOP HOGGING THE HOT WATER.” It was Tawni. 

“MAKE ME.” I yelled back. She didn’t answer. Of course, she didn’t wanna mess with me while I’m in the shower. I was rinsing my hair, when all of a sudden, the water went cold. I turned around to see a hand in the shower, turning the knob and making it cold.

“GOD DAMMIT ANTOINETTE.” I yelled. I heard her running up the stairs.

“Cold water is better for your hair!” She yelled. I turned the knob again making it warmer, but not as hot as before. She might have won this round, but it was not over.

•Antoinette•

Cody. Robert. Simpson.

So. Freakin’. Annoying. 

I finished washing my hair for the fourth time and turned the shower off. I wrapped a towel around myself and walked into my room, finding Cody sitting on my bed.

“Cody, out, I need to change.” I said.

“Hmm… Should I stay?” Cody asked himself. I rolled my eyes. 

“No. Out.” I pointed to the door. I grabbed his hand and tried to pull him off of the bed, but he was too strong. He pulled me onto the bed and I landed on top of him. I held my towel, making sure it wouldn’t fall off. 

“You just want me on top of you again.” I said, smirking.

“I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t true.” He said.

“Busted.” I whispered in his ear. I got off of him and pointed to the door. 

“Now, out, you pervert.” He got off of the bed and walked out of room. I slammed the door behind him and changed into sweats and a tee shirt. I dried my hair the best I could with my towel, brushed it out, and put it into a messy bun. I walked downstairs, grabbed my laptop and went to the tv room, where I saw Cody watching Shake It Up. Of course. 

“Miss your girlfriend?” I asked. I sat down at the other end of the couch and opened up Facebook. 

“She’s not my girlfriend.” Cody mumbled. He was obviously tired of all the Cody and Bella talk. He scooted closer to me and looked over my shoulder. “Who ya chatting?” He asked.

“My boyfriend.”

•Cody•

“Your… Boyfriend?” 

“Yep.” 

“You have a boyfriend?” 

“Didn’t I just say that?” Tawni said, looking at me with one eyebrow raised. 

“But… You kissed me…” I reminded her.

“It didn’t mean anything…” Tawni said slowly. 

“I know.” I said. Tawni just nodded. “So, what’s his name?”

“Brandon.” 

“Oh. Well, that’s cool, then.” I said. I went back to the other side of the couch and started flipping channels on the tv. She had a boyfriend… Was that jealousy I felt? It couldn’t be… No, I wouldn’t let it be. I couldn’t like Tawni, I just couldn’t.

But… I did.