Day 11.

Day 11: My family.

I'm an only child, but my parents always wanted 2 children. Unfortunately, they tried to have children for 7 years and ended up with {MEEEEEEE} at the end of it. They now say they're glad they only have 1. They met when Mum was 19 and Dad was 21 and married 3 or 4 years later.

My Mum has a sister, Sarah, who lives with her husband and 2 children { both girls }, one is 16 and the other has just turned 20. They're both amazingly pretty and believe in a lot of conspiracy theories, like I do, which can lead to a lot of interesting conversations. My Mum grew up in an isolated part of her town and hated her secondary school a lot, because she felt like she wasn't clever. But just to let you know...my Mum has just finished a Maths and Statistics degree at the Open University and got a first class, which is the highest award.

My Mum's parents, Nana and Grandpa, were complete soulmates and they loved each other more than anything. I always beat my Grandpa at chess, even at the age of 5, which he got very mad about. My Nana is an artist and loves keeping herself busy. A few years ago she was an illustrator of a book about Parkinson's, which is a disease she has. Unfortunately, my Grandpa passed away when I was 7 near Christmas time.

My Dad also has a sister, Cheryl, who lives with her husband and 2 children { both boys }, one is 11 and the other is 16. I don't see them much, but the younger is very hyper and is always telling jokes, whereas the elder is more reserved but has a good sense of humour. My Dad grew up in a working city, that had many factories and manual labour places. He always loved history and politics and had a best friend called Russ who he occasionally meets up with, even today.

My Dad's parents, Nanan and Grandad, were very lovable and Nanan had a HUGE family, but Grandad was adopted from a young age, and as far as we know, he was an only child. He never knew and never wanted to know his birth-parents. Grandad loved children but he did a lot of manual work as he was a plumber. I remember him laughing a lot, as he was always the life of the party. My Nanan obviously loved him a lot, just by seeing her look at him. Unfortunately, my Grandad passed away earlier this year in late January.

***

Wow. That felt like I was writing a formal fact-file for my family. Sorry if it was too long.