Chapter Four

Chapter Four

..:Aaron:..

I felt a warm body lying next to me. The smell of peaches filled my nose as I stirred. The soft beeping of a heart monitor rang through my ears.

The warm body snuggled closer to me and I could feel the hot breath on my neck causing goose bumps to rise. My eyes fluttered open so I could take in my surroundings. As fast as a moving train, the smell of bleach and disinfectant hit me. The realization hit me I was lying in a hospital bed. The disinfectant hung in the air and my body had tubes throughout it. I tried to move my arms but had no luck. An IV was attached at the elbow. As I moved, I winced at the aching feeling I had.

As I started to squirm, I felt the rise and fall of the person lying next to me breathing. Once I realized Rachel was lying next to me, my heartbeat started to increase. The damn monitor just had to start beeping as I felt her petite body curled around mine in a very sensual way.

Once I realized I was here, I didn’t understand why I was lying in a hospital bed and why she was even lying next to me.

My head hurt and I felt sharp twinges through it every time I tried to move. I looked over and had a brace on my wrist. I growled in frustration trying to remember what had happened.

As I could feel Rachel’s breast resting on my stomach, my hormones kicked in and my heartbeat really started to beep on that damn machine.

“What the--” Rachel sat up and started to say. “Oh you’re awake!” she exclaimed flopping off the bed straightening her shirt and fluffing her hair. She looked so pretty yet so tired. The bags under her eyes showed her exhaustion.

I tried to get out of the bed, but I couldn’t muster the strength to get out of it. Hell, I couldn’t even feel my body. I felt drowsy and drugged. It was a feeling I hadn’t felt since we were kids. In fact, we hadn’t set foot in a hospital since the accident. My heart monitor started beeping louder as the anxiety set in and I started to freak out. I tried harder to sit myself up, but it was no use. I struggled to slide my legs over the side of the bed. I stared at Rachel for a few seconds, she didn’t even try to help me.

“Well, are you going to stand there and watch me struggle, or are you going to help me get out of this bed?” I asked getting irritated with her.

“You need to lie yourself down,” she demanded pushing me back against the bed and pulled the sheets up over my body. To my embarrassment, my hospital gown slipped open and I flashed my body to her. She didn’t seem to notice. In fact, she probably had seen a lot more than that when I was laying here, immobile and unable to do anything myself. As I got comfortable she sat over in the chair on the other side of the room. I felt empty without here next to me.

“Why are you all the way over there?” I asked her. A smile spread on my face. I knew she wanted to by lying back in the bed next to me. Hell, I wanted her presses against my body again. It felt empty without her right there.

“I’ll just stay over here,” she blushed and patted the seat in which she was sitting. Her face showed embarrassment which made me smile in triumph.

“Oh you know you want to lie next to me, I knew you were enjoying every minute of it,” I joked. Her blush showed the truth behind what I was saying.

“Nah, I’m fine just where I am,” she insisted.

“Okay suit yourself but please tell me how I got here?” I asked truly not remembering what happened. The last thing I remembered was waking up to a pillow being thrown at my head.

She told me about the accident and how I was almost killed and that I saved her at the same time. The doctors said I would be in a coma for a week or so and that I was lucky I wasn’t paralyzed.