Taming My Beast: Chapter One

Taming My Beast

                                                           Chapter 1

-Lukos Mevrick-

A shrill beastly yell filled the open plain. To call it a yell was an understatement, it was more a high pleading howl for mercy. The poor soul was all but begging for death; for an escape from the unjust nightmare of blood and pain it had had to suffer through. I honestly felt sorry for it. Truly and honestly so. It made my heart ache and teeth clench in both angry and misery at the unfairness of it. But then so was life. It was just one cruel unfair game given to us.

           A bright full mood rolled through the sky; illuminating everything in a somewhat silver glow. It sure as hell did make my body tingle for a hunt -like it always did. Adding the torture underlying below along my beastly instincts buzzing, it was a complete miracle that I was still in my human form. At present I hid behind the shrouding brush watching the cruel torture of a young wolf unfold. The trees and bushes that hid me were upon a sort of cliff and below was a large pit , to which the torture was happening. The whole area smelt like pollen and the very essence of nature. It was hard to describe exactly what that smelt like, it was a mixture of bitter and sweat and a crisp fresh smell along with a few unsavory ones. I did enjoy being in nature's embracing arms more than in being in a city, it gave my beast a better chance to break free. Go wild as some would say. Heck the city was full of too many prying eyes.

          I clenched my fists and ground my teeth as another ear piercing howl echoed through the soundless night. I wanted to scream, run down there and rip the bloody humans limb by limb for the cheek of their actions.

          I would never like, nor understand humans. They were cruel, rabid bastards whom destroyed anything that seemed like a threat. The werewolf population had been dimming and dimming over the generation as humans took it upon themselves to exterminate any werewolf that came into their path. Well not every human knew of their existence, heck if you told most of werewolves they would call you insane. However those who did know tortured any form of my kind...female, male, child, and elderly. It mattered not if they shifted; if they were different they were simply killed.

           A crackling of twigs and swaying of leaves appeared from the left of me. My head whipped around, my sensitive eyes focused; searching for whomever it could have possibly been. It appeared to be a man stood in the distant, a frightened look pointed to where he had stood on a twig; in his hand was a gun. A pretty mean looking one at that. I let out a low warning growl that erupted from the back of my throat.

         I crouched on all fours; tucked my hand beneath the large black leather jacket I wore and pulled out a blade that I kept attached to my black leathers. The blade fit perfectly in my large hands. I removed the leather pouch placed around it for protection, and smirked to myself. It was time for my first kill of the night and I was sure as shit going to enjoy it.

          "Party time," I muttered under my breath and broke out at an animal paced sprint. I dashed soundlessly through the trees and bushes; using the darkness night offered as a blanket. I was one with nature: soundless, fast and deadly. I did not shift into wolf form as I went after him, as shifting tended to cause more attention than I needed. Instead my strong wolf spirit guided me in my human form; making me the perfect killer. The idiot who had even thought of killing me was in for a fricking nasty surprise.

         I approached the man who was still fluffing about from making a slight noise.

         "Hay there! Looking for me right?" I said shooting him a glimpse of my fangs. His eyes grew wide; the electric blue vibrant with fear. He opened his mouth to possibly yell but never got to finish as I stuck a blade straight through his throat. He was an amateur; nothing more than a simple child. He was obviously not cut out for killing.