Taming My Beast

Taming My Beast

                                                               Prologue:

 Everyone has a beast. A secret beast that stalks through the night and day, so perfect and yet so deadly. I myself have a beast that swooped into the night and captured my heart and soul. Well it was not technically instantly I just added that for theatrics but he sure did capture my heart in time. My beast though perfect in skin and bones was not perfect on the inside. On the inside he was shaky, deadly and wild. Like any beast is. Yet my beast has the softest touch and the sweetest kiss.

          I am not perfect myself. I must admit I wished him dead a few times in my life. I have also broken a few hearts in my time. But you know what they say about Love and War. Indeed they are so closely entwined.

           Bracing my hands against the smooth stainless glass of a window, I let the aching coolness sooth me. I shut my eyes and inhaled the sweet smell of man and beast that wafted through the air. I revelled in the gentle hands against my shoulders, back and then waist. I sighed against the manly musk around me, before it left me absent and cold. The clicking of doors and the gentle once cringing sound of cracking bones echoed into the depths of the night; almost drowned out by the gash of falling rain and crackling of thunder. Yet to one that is familiar with such a sound it cannot be drowned out. A deep howl rumbled through the air and made my heart leap once more.

           I clawed my fingers against the window, a screeching ringing in my fingernails wake. I sighed once more holding onto that manly musk that had been here prior a few moments ago. As another howl rose from the distance I let my heart leap in both desire and fear. Indeed it was true. Everyone has a beast. Yet my beast has the softest touch and sweetest kiss, as well as my heart. As I dwell on that simple fact and the beautiful hammering of my heart I know one thing for sure. Anyone can tame a beast. I certainly tamed mine.