[Chapter 3] Cameras Off

Me: Why do you act like we have nothing when we see each other?

Ian: I told you, I don't want Melanie and Anthony to find out.

Me: So? I feel that you don't really love me.

Ian: Don't go there, Holly, you know I love you.

Me: I don't know...

[Ian is now offline]

*****

-Holly's POV-

I woke to hear the sound of something sizzling on the stove. I rolled out of bed and dragged myself into the kitchen to see my friend and roommate, Joey. He looked back at me and smiled, showing me his perfectly white teeth. "Hey, Hol!" He exclaimed as I sat down at the table that was in front of the sliding glass doors that led to our small porch. "How was your night with Anthony?"

I was still really tired, I looked at the clock and saw that it was 10:30am. I rolled my eyes, I would go back to bed, but the light was shining right in my face. "It was fine."

He sat down across from me, placing a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me. "Did you two...kiss?"

I laughed as I sat up. "Ew! Gross! No!" Joey knew I liked Ian, but he always thought Anthony and me would make a cute couple ever since I introduced him to Anthony. He always liked to tease me whenever Anthony and I would hang out alone.

"Oh, come on!" He cried, "You and him are meant...to...be!"

I sighed, picking at my food. I wasn't really in the mood to eat.

"Eat up, we have a big day today." He ordered me, poking my arm with his fork. I jumped back at the coldness of the silverware touching my warm skin. I hated how he was an early bird. And I hated how he knew about my not eating.

Just then, the door knocked. I bolted for the door in an attempt to avoid the awkwardness that would reside between Joey and I.

"Tell me if it's Shane!" Joey called to me from the kitchen. I briefly looked over my shoulder as continued to approach the door. "He and I are doing another challenge."

When my hand touched the doorknob, I kind of froze for no freaking reason.

The knock sounded again and I snapped out of the daze I was in. I turned the knob, swung open the door, and saw the two people I had spoken to last night.

"Hi. Holly, right?" Nev asked.

"Yes." A bunch of emotions passed over me: relief, fright, anxiety, nervousness...

"Nice to meet you." Max greeted. "Can we come in?"

"Sure." I stepped to the side and watched as Nev, Max, and the camera crew walked in. I closed the door behind him and followed them into the living room where the settled down.

I sat down on the couch across from the one Nev and Max sat on.

"So," Nev started. My attention was distracted when Joey sat beside me, giving me a cup of hot coffee. "Who is this?" He asked.

"Oh," I looked back at Nev. "This is Joey. Is it okay if he stays?"

"Of course!" Max answered.

Joey smiled, "I really just want her to be happy." He put his hand on my thigh, "She deserves it."

"So, you live with Joey? Is he your...boyfriend?"

"No. He's just my roommate." I clarified. "We moved here about two years ago."