What The Body Wants

"Alexis! You almost ready?" I heard my mom yell. "Yeah here I come!" I said, struggling down the stairs with my suitcase as well as hers. Ugh, why are these bags so damn heavy? I thought to my self as I finally made it to the driveway.

I stood aside as my step dad Richard put all the luggage in the trunk. Who the hell brings this much stuff to a funeral? I thought.

"So Richard how long are we staying for?" I asked. "Three days" he replied. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Three days? What kinda funeral is three whole days long?"

"It's not really three whole days. The funeral is only a couple hours long" he said.

"So what are the other two days for?"

"Well since my family doesn't get together a lot, my uncle thought it would be nice to use the rest the time to get everyone caught up with each other and "refamiliarize" themselves." He said, using quotation fingers.

I found it sorta odd that it would take a funeral just to bring a family together, but maybe that was because I was so used to growing up with such a close knit family. Or maybe his family is a group of ravenous cannibals and only come to funerals to eat the bodies. Shit, what if I look too tasty. The police'll never find me cuz I'd be chewed up into itty bitty pieces by then and already passing as turds in some disgusting port-a-potty or whatever Kinda place cannibals use to take a crap.

"Alexis! Get your ass in this DAMN CAR!"

My crazy thoughts were interrupted by my mom and I realized I'd been standing outside the car staring at the porch the whole time.

"My bad, here I come"

"Hurry up, I called you three times" my mom said, a little irritated.

I hopped in the backseat of an orange Ford Edge. "Too bad this is just a rental cuz this is NICE." I said, putting an emphasis on the word nice.

"Yeah well you could drive any car you want if you stay in school and make somethin of yourself wo womp womp wompity womp womp, success, blah blah bacon cheese, blah blah blah, flippin McGriddles in your 30's..."

Yeah..I sorta zoned out once I realized this was another one of those boring ass lectures again. By 17, I had heard every lecture/motivational speech about life, learning, love, drugs, etc. You name it, I've heard it. So yeah it gets kinda old and I tend to tune out from time to time.

Plus, it was 5:30 a.m. I was tired AS HELL. I mean, seriously who wakes up at such an ungodly time on a Saturday anyway? I'm clearly not a morning person, but that sure as hell didn't stop Richard's hunky dory demeanor. His excuse was "I just wanna get there early so we can sit down and have some breakfast at John John's Place before we check in"

Fuck Breakfast.

All I could think about was sleep, but no no no. Apparently nobody in this car cares about my beauty rest.

~~~~

45 minutes into our drive, I started to get restless so I turned on my iPod and put my music on shuffle. 10 minutes later, I was blastin R. Kelly's Bump n Grind Remix. Call me a freak, but this was my Shit. I hadn't heard it in a while until last night. Now those damn BET Awards got it stuck in my head.

I was really feelin myself and started singing aloud, not caring if people at traffic lights heard me.

"I DON'T SEE NOTHIN WROOOOOOONG

(you know I can't see nothin wrong, with a little bump n grind baby)"

I had a habit of singing the chorus along with the background to almost every song I sang.

We were at another red light and I was jammin until I heard a loud honk. I turned to see most gorgeous face I think I'd ever seen EVER. I mean DAMN this guy was a God. He had smooth tan skin, chiseled cheeks, full pink lips to die for, jet black hair, and the most beautiful coffee colored eyes I've ever seen. Jesus, even his jawline was sexy. All nice and strong lookin. But not too strong like one of those muscular head ass bald guys with no necks. Nope. He was just right.

I almost came just looking at him. Just my luck, I found myself oogling over him like a creep and got caught staring. I shook away my dirty thoughts, immediately embarrassed. Just as I was about to turn away, he revved the engine of his black Ferrari and smirked at me before speeding off at the green light.

Figures. He would be the arrogant type. Major turn off. I thought, as we continued ahead. 2 minutes passed until I noticed me and Mr arrogant were going in the same direction.

Maybe he'll turn the opposite direction once he passes this restaurant. I thought to myself. Then I saw him turn into the parking lot of the restaurant ahead of us. I couldn't quite make out the name of the place at first, but as we pulled in, I realized it was John John's Place.

Maybe he's getting take out. I thought, but I soon realized that wasn't the case when I saw him and three others around his age step out of his car looking sorta dressy.

Maybe he won't even see me, we can just sit far away or something.

We got out the car and made our way in behind them. My fingers were shaky as hell grabbing the door handle, but I managed to get it open.

"What's wrong" my mom asked.

"Nothin I'm just tired." I half lied. I was tired but that wasn't why I was so jittery. But I can't just go " Well the real reason while I'm shakin like a crackhead is because the guy I was just stalking 3 traffic lights ago is in here".

We were seated after waiting only a millisecond. Damn the service was good here.

After the waiter took our drink orders I went to the restroom to collect myself.

Then it hit me. This dude is not thinkin about me, so why am I buggin out like this?

With that little pep talk, I was back to myself again and walked out the restroom with a new burst of confidence.

That is, until I felt a pair of muscular arms snake their way around my waist from behind.

"Tell me." he nuzzled his face into my neck. "When you were staring at me at the light, did you like what you saw?"

Shit.

Comment, Vote, Tell me what u think

-This is my first story by the way so be gentle lol :)