The Message on the Hotel wall

I wrote this for my english class.I don't love it but i thought, what the heck i should publish on wattpad for fun. Vote,Comment, read. I hope you don't hate it. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“And that is how I got the idea for my latest book-Death by Iron Combs

As a tumult of applause erupted from the audience, the blonde woman walked gracefully down the stairs of the stage to take her seat in front row, where all the mystery writers were seated for the conference. A small timid looking man stood up.

Thank you, Detective Serena Farane, for your inspiring words of wisdom on creative writing. For all of you here today, Detective Farane has been working with the Federal police for the last 5 years putting the dregs of society away, to make our world a safer place. It is from these cases that she draws inspiration for her classic mystery novels; it has been a pleasure hearing your words today. Thank-you and good night, to all, at the Mystery Novel Convention!”

As more thunderous applause erupted from the crowd of eminent authors, including the affluent Herman Galston, sporting a prominent moustache in addition to an expensive linen suit and the newcomer,  Missy James , were ushered through the back door to their classy hotel lodgings. Hotel Abuela, read the sign hanging over the oak doorway as everyone strolled to the front desk to check in. Taking some time to look at her surroundings, Serena observed that is was not only authors that were arriving at the hotel, but also the press. One had on a bright red dress with a mink coat which she thought was exquisite. She reminded herself to ask her about the design at a later date. Serena was met by a Spanish man at the front desk.

“Would you me to take you to your room? Follow me and join Miss James.”

The tailored coat butler whisked them away through the chandelier lit foyer to an adjoining room with a glass elevator. He ushered them in and pressed level 9.Fancy melodic elevator music commenced as the elevator rode up the levels. The two women engaged in some polite chit chat. Missy James spoke of how her sister had come with her for this trip and was shopping this minute. Her sister thoroughly enjoyed shopping as her work, as doctor limited her leisure time. She also complained about all the press. As the door opened, Serena quickly walked out of the elevator. The room was sophisticatedly furnished with designer furniture. She changed into loose-fitting comfortable attire.

Then she heard a deafening scream.

“AARRRHHHHHHH!”

Something was wrong. She quickly drew her gun out of pure instinct and processed into the hall where she found the source the screaming. Missy’s room. On first seeing the room, Missy was in front of the back wall, on the ground screaming. As Serena moved closer to the devastating scene playing out before her, she could see what the fuss was .It was on the wall

Watch your back; you never know when your last breath is going to be. I’m coming for you.

The message was written in blood.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Thankyou Detective Farane for taking her case.From the looks of this case, no one  got into the hotel, that hadn’t been booked in, so the perps here.”

She’d taken the case. Ms James had practically begged her to do so.

To her she was the best in the world. Flattery will get you everywhere. It was simple to have the case handed to her. And there she was, solving a case on what supposed to be a holiday. That’s life for you. Missy James was put under witness protection. When Farane procured the first  statement from the victim, Ms. James. Her sister Yoko, had accompanied her.