Right your wrongs

I woke up with the man standing over me, gently waking me up. I've must have fallen asleep again.

"Good morning, its time that we get moving, the suns up."

I got up onto my knees and started rubbing my eyes as I yawned. The fire was out, only some black remains of branches was left, which marked the spot in the middle of the clearing. Not that we had need of it now that the sun was up, it felt like it was gonna be a warm day today. I was still in the green labyrinth they call rainforest, expanding as far as I could see, the green contrast broken by the man in his black suit, still looking so out of place. I stood up and realized I've been sleeping on his jacket, he bent down and picked it up as he gave me a orange out of nowhere. I managed to reply with something close to a smile as a thank you, slowly peeling the orange.

"We need to get you back to the village. So lets be on our way." with that said the man started walking back into the rainforest, back the way we came. I don't know why, but I thought that I would never have to return there again.

"I cant go back there, how am I gonna explain how 7 men just disappeared."

"Its the rainforest, people get lost every day." He didn't turn around he just kept walking, relaxed steps on the green leaf covered ground.

"That's not what happened, you want me to lie" And I was trying to catch up to him at the same time as I was talking. He somehow walking so fast with those relaxed steps.

The man suddenly shot me this sarcastic look "Better get used to it boy, you will be a grownup soon, they lie all the time."

"No" Tears were starting to cloud my vision, I stood still, refusing to come with this strange man, I had to run deeper into the forest, I had to get away from the village.

The man just turnd around and forcefully grabed my hand. He was just like the others, was he gonna kill me. All I could feel whas the total despair of having to go back, this was it, I had to fight. But all I could do was instinctivly try to pull my arm away from him. Tears falling down my face as I screamed.

He jerked his hand away, pain shooting across his face as he was almost thrown backwards. My face mirrored his, shock. I could now see blood dripping from his hand. What did I do, did I manage to hurt him some how.

Adrenaline was pumping through me, I screamed and charged him.

"Stop" He didnt scream, he simply said the word stop, but for some reason I did, it was as if I had to, he said it with such conviction, no it was as if my own body didnt do what I wanted.

He was looking straight into my eyes standing only a few feet away, and he was angry. Maybe not at me but he was angry. "You need to get back to the village and live a normal life. "

I didn't move, I just stood there, looking back at him, confused. "What do you mean a normal life, my life is anything but normal, look at me I screamed." Ripping my shirt off, showing my bloated stomach and destinctiv ribs, a clear sign of being close to starvation. "If you want to take me back, then you can kill me yourself, Im done.. I.. please let me die" The last words barley escaping my lips, a small whisper.

He was silent for a wile but he didn't look away, he didn't show remorse or anger or pity. He simply looked at me, without any sort of emotion. "You don't know what you just did do you" He finally said. Holding up is slightly bloody hand, then end of his dress shirt staining from the blood as made its way down his arm.

"I'm sorry I.. what happened"

He laughed, a loud and long belly laugh before looking at me again. He then pointed is hand straight out to the side, the tree just a couple of feet in front of his hand exploding with a deafening sound, splinters flying in every direction as I covered my face with my arms.

"That's what you did, well not as well executed maybe since I was able to keep my hand, but you get my point who taught you that technique?"

"Get away from me, I don't know what your talking about" Is this real, was I dreaming, am I .. dead?

Now he actually looked confused, and looked from me to his hand, as if he now himself wasn't sure what happened. "You have no idea what I just did?"

"You're crazy" Was all I could reply.

"You did this to my hand, and your calling me crazy" He said wile shaking his bloody hand in the air as if trying to make a point.

"I didn't mean to...I think" All I tried to do was get away, did I really hurt his hand somehow.

"Is that why the villagers where chasing you, did you blow some ones head off, its okay I totally understand. No means no right, this one time I kept telling... I think his name was George, lets call him George. He was so loud and I told him.."

"No they wanted to kill me cause my eyes are blue and because I can speak English" I interrupted him, his words only confusing me further.

"So you had no idea you could use bending." He said, raising a eyebrow freakishly high, as if to really show how skeptical he was.

"You really are crazy aren't you, did you eat something in the jungle white man" My mom did tell me you shouldn't eat things you didn't know what they were.

"The power kid, the power I used to blow the tree away, you can do that, or well you cant now but you could." He massaged his hand as he walked towards me. "Alright I wont make you go back, if you promise not to try to kill me like that again."

Power.... what could he possibly have eaten, all that ever happened to me was that pooping hurt for a couple of days, maybe his white mans brain boiled from the sun being to warm.

"Very funny, my brain did not boil from the sun. Just follow me then, we need to find some food anyway, I don't feel like starving and start to look like you, the pregnant look doesn't suit you."

"What is pregnant" I feel like he just insulted me some how. Wait did he just read my mind.

"Just follow me kid, and don't talk so much, or you will end up like George."

"Whos geo..."

"Just... be quiet kid okay, I need to think"

and that's how I met Master