What happened?

Jamie thought sometimes that if he blocked out Ivy's crying and screaming that it would go away. He looked at her everyday her body ravaged by her disease. She would curl up on her bed and whimper quietly she hated being so useless but Jamie encouraged her to live her life to the full. It pained his to see her like that but he couldn't leave her, not like their mother

Ivy was lying on the sofa wrapped in a thick red blanket that was usually draped across the back of the sofa watching a movie. Willis was sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper and glancing at her cell phone every few seconds. Her face was pale and tight from the sleepless nights she spent nursing Ivy, Ivy turned to us as Willis spoke "I have some bad news" she whimpered.

"What do you mean they are taking her?” Jamie screamed at Willis losing whatever control he had to begin with. Willis was cowering against the kitchen wall her loose blue shirt was revealing her thin shoulder. His face softened as he saw the light crystal tears slide delicately down her pale chalky cheeks. She straightened up and wiped them away with the sleeve of her shirt.

"At her appointment yesterday it showed she wasn't taking her meds for the second time whilst under my supervision and they won't tolerate it. She is being transferred to a hospital where she can be around other terminals. I am so-" she couldn't finish. Jamie turned towards Ivy who looked glassy eyed back at him. He didn't know what to do, she wouldn't do anything they said she was ready and all they could do was watch her waste away in front of their eyes.

"Ivy, please." Jamie’s voice cracked and he stopped shocked at this then the tears came and his knees buckled onto the beige carpeting in the living room. His tears cascaded down onto it leaving small grey dotted patterns on the carpet. He choked back some sobs but they didn't want to stay they wanted to leave and let people know how much this was hurting. He was letting down his walls the ones he built so long ago.

He longed for the mother that had abandoned them months before, the father that was never here, and a sister he could die before. But he had none of these he had a nurse and a dying sister. He looked up at her and finally noticed what he had been blocking out for a long time.

Her skin was stretched thinly over her cheekbones, a chalky layer covered her whitish lips, her hair hung limply down past her shoulders her sides thin, dead and off color it had no life. He collar bone was visible shoulder-to-shoulder sticking out grotesquely. Her purple shirt hung loosely where her breasts should be, non-existent.

Tears slid down her thin cheeks and fell to the ground. "I-its too late" she whispered

"It can't be we have to have another chance, we just need one more." Jamie sobbed the tears coming strongly.

"I'll call now and Ivy can ask." Willis said. She didn't look so optimistic.

Ivy started with a weak tone and by the end of the call she was screaming goodbyes and threats into the phone. When she hung up she smiled through her blurry eyes and flushed cheeks. "One more chance" she said happily and ran into Jamie’s arms. He picked her up and whispered into her ear.

I love you so much and don’t you ever forget that." all traces of his outbreak were gone, bottled up again until the next shock.

Ivy curled herself back up onto the sofa and closed her tired eyes. A minute later her soft shallow snores could be heard from across the room. He looked at Willis apologetically but she waved her hand and walked up to her bedroom leaving a musky scent behind. From here Jamie could hear her quiet sobs as she climbed the stairs. He followed her up the light wooded stairs. There was a chip in the 4th step where he and Ivy had thrown a chair down being too lazy to carry it down for their mother. Jamie smiled at the memory. They were young then, Ivy was well Ivy.

Jamie eased open the door of Willis’s room. She was sitting on the side in her blue shirt and underwear sobbing. He walked over to her and brushed her hair from her face. He leaned in and kissed he gently and she laced her hands in his dark hair. He ran his hands up her shirt and pulled it off her. All traces of tears were gone from her eyes now replaced by lust and greed. She pulled him tighter against her.

He lifted her chin enough to look into her eyes and kiss her neck up to her lips; he bit her bottom lip gently. He began to run his hand around her body exploring every crevice as their tongues moved together. Willis pulled Jamie closer longing to be closer to him.

"I need this off, " he mumbled, moving his hands up her shirt.

"Then take it off, I'm not going to stop you, " smiling, she bit his lip playfully as he tugged off the shirt.

Jamie yanked at Willis's shirt and finally pulled it over her head. Jamie trailed his fingers lightly down the soft skin of her neck. They kissed longer, more passionately, and harder.  

*New Chapter up. Enjoy!Comment and viote and fan."