Saved But Hurt

GREG: 

   The night is somber and I was sitting alone on the chair. The sound of karaoke was aloud and deafening, I couldn't hear anything but her friends are singing, out of tune.

   Dawn is singing at the top of her lungs with her friends. I sat up and I hold Dawn’s wrist, "Dawn, let's go hom—" I was interrupted by her friend. Dawn needs to go home, she’s drunk.

   "Are you coming with us Dawn?" Her friends interrupted me and I felt invisible to them, "You wouldn't regret if you’ll come with us.”

   "Sure." Dawn confirmed hoarsely. I hate it when her voice is like that.

   “Dawn," I said in annoyance, "It’s already 11:00pm and your mother is going to kill me when you'll be home late."

   Dawn ignored me and she went somewhere that I don’t know. I hope they'll come back here, it’s not safe here.

                                                     _______

   Its 1:00am in the morning and they didn't come back. What happened? I yawned in tiredness.

   I stood up and I spotted them sleeping. There's no sign of Dawn and Raymond!

   I walk towards them and I smell beer.

   I spotted Dawn, which, she looks so unconscious, and there's Raymond next to her. He'll do something to Dawn, I couldn't stand here watching.

   I pulled Raymond's dark plaid shirt and punch him on the face, "What do you think you’re doing?!" I yelled and he punched me back.

   I glance down and I saw a knife. I could still resist the pain and I stab him on the stomach and he fall down in front of me. What did I done? What did I done with Raymond? I directly running but it was too late.

   I heard a scream from the hotel in front of us and it was a woman, "Help! A killer!"

   "No, no I'm not." I denied, the knife in my hand fall on the floor.

   I saw some two police and walk towards my direction. The woman who screamed was in front of me. The police holding a handcuff and locked it on my wrists. “

   I wish I didn't kill Raymond and this will not happen.

One year later...

DAWN:

   I’m in the jail with my friend Ally, visiting Greg.

   "Dawn, Greg killed Raymond because you almost got raped that night," The police declared,  "And Raymond is supposed to be in jail and thank God that Greg saved you.”

   "Where is he?" I ask if where is Greg.

    "Follow me." The police gesture us and there he is— The one who saved me while I’m asleep.

    I ran towards him and gave him a hugged ''I'm sorry Greg, I'm sorry for accusing you."

   “It’s okay,” He response, “I also regret if why I did that to Raymond.”

   A tear escape from my eye and I manage to say something to him, “I love you Greg.”

   “I love you too Dawn.”