Twelve Commandments

Twelve Commandments

(from the Motherheart Chronicles)

And the Hittites fled from Pharoah after they had been shackled and their power taken from them.

And Moses led them across the Sinai halting at the sacred places to restore his people to the rightful Path.

And Moses carved the Twelve Commandments keeping safe the word given unto him by the One during his forty days and forty nights upon the mountain.

And all who listened knew the Law and kept sacred the Word.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me, for I am the One and the All and nought exist without me.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image to bow down to, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters of the earth. Thou shalt serve only the One and the All. For the iniquity of the fathers, who would divide the one into many, shall fall upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that cleave me. 

Thou shalt not name the One, for they will not be held guiltless that taketh the One and the All in vain. 

4  Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work, and the sign of the moon shall mark the days of work and the days of rest.

Honour thy father and thy mother, that their days shall be long upon the land, which the One have given thee to be steward of.

6  Thou shalt not kill in the name of the One.

7  Thou shalt not commit adultery nor take any to thy self against their will. 

8  Thou shalt not steal nor take unto thyself anything not earned by the labour of thy hands.

9  Thy shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour, nor beguile others to do so for one.

  Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s spouse, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, nor their manservant, nor their maidservant, nor their ox or their ass, nor anything that is thy neighbour’s nor anything of thy neighbour’s neighbour.

Ω  Thou shalt care for the beasts and flowers of the field, and the birds of the air and the fishes of the sea, and taketh for thy gain only that which thou needst.

10  Thou shalt keep sacred the wildes of the One, for here the beasts, the birds, the fishes and all the flowers of the field and forest keep the word of the One sacred awaiting the end of time.

NB as the Twelve are descended from the time of base twelve counting;

what in base ten is 10 and 11, are here represented by letters of the greek alphabet.

The 12th is therefore written as 10.