Bethany and Greg (1st prequal to the werewolf series)

(No way. I am not doing it.) Greg said shaking his head and sending water droplets flying from his dark fur.

(Are you a chicken or a wolf?) his brother Trevor asked. Greg snorted and gave him a toothy grin.

(Today I'm a chicken. Can't you see my feathers?) he asked swatting his brother in the face with his tail. Both wolves looked up at the large brick house out here alone in the middle of nowhere, Washington.

(All you gotta do is go up there and pee on the porch banister and then take off running.) Trevor urged. Greg glared over at him.

(Can I ask why in the hell we are doing this?)

(Because Hudson dared us too and if we don't do it then we'll be laughed right out of the family.')Trevor reminded him.

(Maybe that would be a good thing considering our family wants us dead.) Greg said matter of factly. (They must if our own cousin is daring us to pee on Charles and Jake Collin's porch.)

(Just go on.')Trevor said nudging Greg in the ribs with his snout. (The sooner you do this, the sooner we can leave and go home.) Greg glared over at him.

(Why don't you do it?') he demanded. Trevor snorted and shook his head.

(Because I'm older than you that's why. Now get up there.) Greg threw one last glare in his older brothers direction and then started slowly through the rain and the darkness toward the house. He sniffed the air and felt his nerves begin to eat through his stomach.

The house was silent and Greg was praying that everyone was asleep and that he would not get caught. He had never met Jake or Charles but he had heard enough about them to know they would probably kill him if he was caught sneaking around their home in the middle of the night. Let alone marking his territory on their porch.

He walked up onto the porch and raised his leg, wondering how his life had sunk this low.

(Damn, you really had to go.) Trevor called from the edge of the woods and Greg growled in his direction. Greg finished his business and was really beginning to think he was going to get away with his prank when a low growl sounded from his left.

He wasn't sure how he managed to turn to face the sound since his legs seemed to have disappeared beneath him.

(What are you doing here?) A deep voice with a slight Scottish accent asked. Greg looked harder toward the woods and nearly took off running with his tail between his legs when a black wolf with silver streaks in his fur and bright gold eyes came walking toward him. The wolf stopped about three feet from him and Greg felt his confidence rise just a bit. This wolf might be a little more heavily muscled than he was but he wasn't a very big wolf and Greg was confident he could outrun him with his much longer and more slender frame.

(I was just leaving.) Greg said. He looked around for his brother but he couldn't smell him anywhere and knew that the traitor had already turned tail and run. Greg thought about dashing but he had heard rumors that Jake and Charles could trace you anywhere that you dashed to so he figured he'd be better off trying to stay and explain himself.

(I was just....') Greg stopped trying to explain when the wolf growled low in his throat and glared at him. Greg tried to make himself seem smaller and lowered his head in submission to the more powerful wolf. He definitely did not want to fight.

(Jake, he marked his territory on our house,) The wolf said and Greg realized that this wolf must be Charles and he wondered where Jake was. He had heard that Jake was the one you had to worry about even though Charles was the leader.