The Argument

I woke up dreading to go to school. It's a Wednesday; I hate Wednesdays. They're like Tuesday's ugly cousin. After of a good ten minutes of rolling around in bed, I decided it was time to get my ass up. I walked over to my bay side window and took a look outside. Rain of course. I walked into the bathroom and did my morning routine, washed my face, brushed my teeth and hair, etc. I brushed my hair from it's bedhead look and I threw my hair up into a high ponytail and put a light layer of foundation and mascara. I walked over to my wooden dresser and opened it up. I grabbed a light blue t-shirt with a breast pocket and a pair of dark blue jeans. I grabbed my black blazer from behind my door and put that on over. I grabbed my phone and walked into my bathroom to my big mirror and took a few mirror selfies. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed my white converse. Once I double checked my appearance and I grabbed my bag, phone, and my black umbrella and headed downstairs to find my brother, Evan, leaning against the counter, eating an apple in one hand and a phone in the other, Twitter I'm guessing. My sister, Delilah, was at the table eating Captain Crunch. Hudson also sat at the table, with a cup of coffee next him and a newspaper in hand. I heard my mom banging around in the pantry on the other side of the kitchen, searching for something that she couldn't seem to find. I grabbed an orange from the basket in the kitchen island, a small can of Steaz (emily's note: it's a healthier version of Arizona look it up) from the fridge, and my lunch from the counter my mom makes every morning. Hudson looked up from his paper and shot me a smile. I shot one back at him and he went back to his paper. Since Mom doesn't work until tonight, I'll take her car. I grabbed the keys off the counter, said a quick goodbye to my family, and walked into the garage. I opened the door to my mom's 2001 Chevy and got in. I started it up and took off down the driveway.

The whole way to school, I was sidetracked, distracted and confused. Jace just told me this whole thing without any concerns for me asking questions. I don't get it. If this was supposed to be some big secret, why tell me? Of all people, why me? I don't understand. I mean, he's just a stranger to me and I'm just a stranger to him, so why does he trust me? I came up to a stop light on red. I sat back and decided to turn on the radio. All For Love by Madison Beer, Ft. Jack and Jack came on and I turned the volume up to thirteen. The light changed and I took off on the highway.

I rolled into school and found my space. Well, it's not really my space but it's the one that I've been using since I got my license. Miles's space was a few down and across from mine. His car was already there. Not him though. He usually waits until I get here. Oh well. I got out, closed the car door and locked it. I walked up to the main door and let myself in. I walked up to the second floor where my locker was and once I got there, I opened up my locker and switched my history and AP English materials from my bag into my locker for my science book . I opened my can of tea took a sip, put my lunch and tea on the top shelf of my locker. I look down the hallway and it's Miles, running full speed. Probably to me. I grab my tea, double check that I have everything I need, and close my locker. Then Miles is wrapping his arms around me. Shockingly, I do the same.

"Hi?" I say, and pull away as he catches his breath.

"Did Finnegan message you last night?" He asks, and looks down both ways of the hallway.

"Yeah why?"

"Just wondering. Logan's parents are in the office telling Principal Kobe to expel Jace. Where were you in the parking lot? I was looking for you."

"I literally just got here, I didn't see you." I answered. He looks me up and down at my appearance.

"Your shoe is untied." He says, and by the time I look down at my shoes, he's already bent over and tying the laces. I adjust my blazer and take my hair down, letting it fall down past my shoulders. He comes back up and stares right into my eyes. More like my fucking soul.